By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 to stay as Wii U Exclusives

fedfed said:
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:
DanneSandin said:

in your irrational fanboy faces! This has been quite obvious since day one really - some people just haven't been able to, or wanting to, realize facts. No surprise really.

it has nothing to do with being a fanboy, fact is, its very rare for anything to say exclusive, microsoft paid 50 million dollars for GTA4 episodic content and that didn't even stay exclusive, i still would bet my money on them being released on 360/ps3 with different names in a year or so after release.

wanna make a bet then? I say that bayo2 and w101 won't make it to PS360

ninja is betting a lot against nintendo.

plus i think that you ninja spend lots of time hating nintendo on nintendo forums. why is that. let discuss.

i love nintendo and i will never own a ms or sony consoe but i have better to do than go and post likecrazy in gheir forums.....

there is nothing to talk about in terms of sales or specs on ps3/360, everything set in stone, sony will get second place, but this generation is over, can't wait for the new one to start

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
Cold-Flipper said:
@Ninjablade: You are a very intelligent poster

thanks.

I think he was being sarcastic...

Cold-Flipper said:
ninjablade said:
Cold-Flipper said:
@Ninjablade: You are a very intelligent poster

thanks.

I think he was being sarcastic...

I was...

paying for funding and paying for the exclusivity are two different things. One is just business matter and the other is more ethic.

The only part about this that bothers me is where they're basically telling gamers on other systems to stop asking about their games. I'm moving further and further away from liking Platinum.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
The only part about this that bothers me is where they're basically telling gamers on other systems to stop asking about their games. I'm moving further and further away from liking Platinum.

Why is that a problem exactly? If the game isn't going to be coming out on the other systems, why should they listen to people who beg for it?

Look where that got Ubisoft, for example. 24 hours ago everyone loved them and we were all pumped to playing Legends in a couple weeks. How quickly things change...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

pokoko said:

I think they're just telling people to stop asking for something that's clearly a lost cause.

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
Watch out for inFamous and Little Big Planet on the Wii U and 360 later this year too, lol.

Don't forget Metal Gear Solid 4 on 360, I can't wait for that one!

Also Don't forget Gears of War on the Wii-U and PS3!

Conegamer said:
pokoko said:

Why is that a problem exactly? If the game isn't going to be coming out on the other systems, why should they listen to people who beg for it?

Look where that got Ubisoft, for example. 24 hours ago everyone loved them and we were all pumped to playing Legends in a couple weeks. How quickly things change...

At the end of the day, Ubisoft has pleased a LOT more fans than they've made angry, which is the reverse for Platinum.  The Platinum reponse here came across as annoyed rather than appreciative.

If one of the studios making multi-platform games that are skipping the Wii U had said "you're not getting it, stop asking" then there would be threads of rage and charges of conspiracy flying up from the Nintendo faithful, and you know it.  It just sounds very arrogant.  It could easily have been phrased much, much better with very little effort.

ninjablade said:
DanneSandin said:

in your irrational fanboy faces! This has been quite obvious since day one really - some people just haven't been able to, or wanting to, realize facts. No surprise really.

it has nothing to do with being a fanboy, fact is, its very rare for anything to say exclusive, microsoft paid 50 million dollars for GTA4 episodic content and that didn't even stay exclusive, i still would bet my money on them being released on 360/ps3 with different names in a year or so after release.

This isn't just a case of "Platinum told Nintendo they'd give them some exclusives."  This is "Nintendo paid them for these exclusives".  So for as long as Nintendo's business arrangement with Platinum lasts (and I assume it's at least multi-year), W101 and Bayonetta 2 are Wii U exclusives and will be so for quite some time.  Likely years. 

Now, if Platinum were to make another Bayonetta or a sequel to W101, then there would be nothing stopping them from releasing them on any platform they wanted to.  It's just they'd have to find a publisher willing to fund and release the games on multiple platforms.  If you'll recall, a couple years ago Platinum tried to do that to get Bayonetta 2 made, but no one was willing to help them out with it.  It was canceled.  So quite literally, these two games would not exist and would never have begun development if Nintendo hadn't courted them.  The caveat being, they are to be Wii U exclusives. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.