By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 to stay as Wii U Exclusives

Viper1 said:
Sales of the game are irrelevant to the Platinum Games They are already paid by Nintendo. They don't need to boost sales in order to make their money back.

It could sell 0 copies on the Wii U and Platinum Games is still paid. Even Sega is already paid for any licensing requirements needed since they own the IP.

Sales are irrelevant to everybody except Nintendo. All other parties involved are paid already.

I wonder if Sega would be receptive to selling the IP if B2 does well? It'd be a nice one to have under Nintendo's umbrella.

I assumed everyone already knew what you mentioned (that, as first-party Nintendo games, Platinum gets the same pay whether they each sell 0 copies or 10 million copies, so it really doesn't matter whether or not the games "tank.")

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:
DanneSandin said:
ninjablade said:
ok guys 101, the ip is owned by nintendo, so that has a 0 chance of happening, anybody who wanted that game, forget about it, beyonita is owned by sega i think unless nintendo bought the ip from them.

so... you're backing out of the bet or what? or are we just betting about bayo2 now?

just bayo, i don't follow these games but making a thread about a game which nintendo owning the ip to staying exclusive is silly.

So; for 1 day sig controll I say bayo2 will stay exclusive on a Nintendo platform a year after release, while you're saying it will go multiplat within a year. Is that bout it?

Why didn't you go for money DanneSandin? He said he would bet his money on it.

Mr Khan said:
Viper1 said:
Sales of the game are irrelevant to the Platinum Games They are already paid by Nintendo. They don't need to boost sales in order to make their money back.

It could sell 0 copies on the Wii U and Platinum Games is still paid. Even Sega is already paid for any licensing requirements needed since they own the IP.

Sales are irrelevant to everybody except Nintendo. All other parties involved are paid already.

I wonder if Sega would be receptive to selling the IP if B2 does well? It'd be a nice one to have under Nintendo's umbrella.

I assumed everyone already knew what you mentioned (that, as first-party Nintendo games, Platinum gets the same pay whether they each sell 0 copies or 10 million copies, so it really doesn't matter whether or not the games "tank.")

I did at first too until I noticed some people talking about sales as the reason it might go to other consoles.

Some people don't understand the difference between publishing, funding and moneyhatting.

Publishing - Handling the marketing, advertising, manufacturing, localization, printing, licensing, etc...   They usually include distribution.  Often they fund development of the project in part or in whole.   A platform holder can reduce their license fee as a means of 'payment'.

Funding - Financing the project. Almost always involves publishing and distribution.  Licensing fees are waived by platform holders.

Moneyhatting - Any deal that transfers money, goods, services to arrange a beneficial situation for the payee.   This is usually less distinct than funding a project and can include arbibtrary funds (money not designation for anything specifically). 

The rEVOLution is not being televised