By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you believe that Youtubers can contribute to a game's success?

pezus said:
Deyon said:
pezus said:
Most certainly. They were one of the big reasons for Minecraft's early success

And Call of Duty, and Slender Man, and QWOP, and Amnesia.

Call of Duty? :O
Call of Duty came out even before Youtube I think! If you mean MW/MW2 then I did not notice youtube playing a very big part.

Amnesia certainly! 

CoD videos on YouTube have millions of views. CoD became bigger thanks to Youtube.

Free publicity, Dude!

Around the Network
Talal said:
MDMAlliance said:
NintendoPie said:
MDMAlliance said:

Well, out of all the people who watch the video, someone may not have known what it was or wouldn't even have given the game a shot out of ignorance of what it was.  Since the question in this thread is this: Do you think that him playing the game will boost its sales at all?
Even a single sale counts by the wording.

If we consider 1 or 100 sales a boost, then yeah.

The "at all" part makes it so.

Don't take it that literally :p. I meant by a noticeable amount.

Answer to that is dependent on how many people were already going to buy the game.  If 500,00 people buy it and the video makes 1,000 people buy the game, I consider that a very low boost, but nonetheless a boost.  If it were 50,000 and 1,000 people buy it, that's a large boost.  5m and 1,000, that's no real boost. 
However, I kind of doubt the video would bring in 1,000 new buyers.  It really depends and is really hard to track.

Machinima.

Also, "Hello I am Mastur Ch33f lolololololololololololololol".

NintendoPie said:

No. Unless it's something like Minecraft.
I also find it odd that he's playing that game. Seems that most of his Subscribers subbed him for playing horror titles instead of RPG's or any other genre.

It is kind of odd, but you can tell that he's a bit of a Playstation fan. He previously played Shadow of the Colossus and Parappa the Rapper lol.

Big games? No. Smaller games like Ninokuni? Definetly.

Around the Network

Yes. Games like Minecraft would be nothing without Youtube.

It's unpaid marketing and large-scale word of mouth. It does ALOT for the popularity of a game.

Lets plays are usually better than trailers for marketing I find.

They also contributed to Call of Duty's success. Quite heavily actually.

Look at amnesia and minecraft. The large youtubers can help a game sell. Pewdiepie and yogscast specifically. Just look at farming simulator!