By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U Design Focused on Memory Efficiency

Tagged games:

ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

It would cost a LOT more than $200 to get Chipworks to do a teardown. I imagine it was either much more expensive or the work was already done before.

Around the Network
AgentZorn said:
ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

Or wait and see the games do the talking. 

sure but we already know what current gen is capable of though, no matter how good the developer is there going to be limited by power.

dahuman said:

Of course, before the haters come in, PS4 and Nextbox will still be faster, so rest assured that Wii U will not be the best console graphics in the 8th gen and pipe the fuck down.

Nope, Wii U > Watson Super Computer confirmed by you. I'm holding you to this.

Seriously though. I think this just proves the Wii U is no slouch when it comes to power that many people think it is. Obviously PS4 and Xbox will be more powerful, but the Wii U will be producing pretty games of its own as well.

Soleron said:
ninjablade said:

It would cost a LOT more than $200 to get Chipworks to do a teardown. I imagine it was either much more expensive or the work was already done before.

Chipworks is selling the pictures for $200. They've already done the teardown.

Soleron said:
ninjablade said:

probably, but that's what neogaf is reporting by monday or tuesday they should get pics of the gpu from the inside, it should take them a day or 2 to break it down.

Around the Network
Maris said:
dahuman said:

Of course, before the haters come in, PS4 and Nextbox will still be faster, so rest assured that Wii U will not be the best console graphics in the 8th gen and pipe the fuck down.

Seriously though. I think this just proves the Wii U is no slouch when it comes to power that many people think it is. Obviously PS4 and Xbox will be more powerful, but the Wii U will be producing pretty games of its own as well.

If I had a Watson, I'd just have it rape people in chess all day online for shits and giggles.

dahuman said:
Maris said:
dahuman said:

If I had a Watson, I'd just have it rape people in chess all day online for shits and giggles.

I have an aching suspicision that many of the new members here are just Watson becoming sentient.

ninjablade said:

While I hate to speak about this, the wii u is more powerfull than the curent gen! For gods sake, they would have to put effort into making it worse to do so! However the wii u is built in a different way, in other words the games need to be programmed different to make them run better on the wii u. Also, many developers have stated that it is a more powerfull machine than the current gen, like frozenbyte and gearbox.

Here's a good article that goes into detail on the Wii U's specs.

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2012/12/breaking-wii-u-down-what-each-bit-means.html

I'm not a tech guy, but it makes sense to me.

If I had a Watson I'd start playing the violin, taking copious amounts of heroine and start solving crimes. :oD