By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

I remember someone saying that they would eat one of their PS3s if Sony had a loss, who was that?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

kowenicki said: 

I'm posting damage control... lmao.. sorry can you explain that to me?  which damage am I controlling exactly?

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
PS3 will outship 360 LT after this current quarter or the next.

very possible.

sony almost died achieving it.

Conegamer said:

You're expecting 9mil for 2014? That's never happening. It'll likely be 50% down YoY or so, depending on how the PS4 pans out. You're under-estimating the drops. It's happening already (PS3 almost certainly below 100k this week) and it'll only get worse.

I've edited with my predictions.

VGC is undertracking the sales in Europe by a lot... it's undertracked here so this year sales seems to be undertracked too.

Roma said:
I remember someone saying that they would eat one of their PS3s if Sony had a loss, who was that?

turkish

kowenicki said:

to which you agreed sony almost died achieving it.

not damage control. just facts.

You just spin facts... I didn't agree I showed to you that Sony almost died because others division not the game one.

So what the "almost died" have to do with the PS3 sales?

Around the Network
Lusche said:
Roma said:

turkish

Now THAT would make a good GIF

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Lusche said:
Roma said:

turkish

oh yeah that's the guy!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

kowenicki said:

so in the last 4 years of massive losses the accepted PS3 losses didnt contribute to those massive losses?

how odd.  that is some clever alchemy at work.

Mostly PS3 division looses posted in the year was because the TVs merged together... you know that.

The R&D cost of the PS3 was huge but that's not accounted like loss in the quarter after the launch... it was posted before the launch and you didn't realise that all the game division profit before PS3 launch was used to cover these R&D costs.

I showed the graph but you don't believe...

To be clear...

- Vita is dead = cost for game division
- PS4 development = cost for game division

Even so... PS3 managed to put the game division profiting.

Or the guys here will thing it's PS2? or PSP?

PS3 is doing a great job to hold the game division profiting... that's what I see at all.

PS. I'm thank you Sony to finally put a game division in your company and not merge with oter non-profit products... the things became clear for all.

decent sales numbers for ps3+ps2 but profit of the game division is way too low even with r&d for ps4. with those numbers the losses of the last 7 years or so stay almost flat.  in my opinion they should have to make huge profit now to decrease the whole loss of that time at least by some hundred million before ps4 will release.