By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

Apologies for the double post. Here's something fun.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

So from what I see:

115 million net loss. Ouch

Handheld forcast cut from 14 million origionally to 7 million.........damn Vita going nowhere fast.

PS3 hardware shipments still behind 360.....another year 360 held its own.

PS3 fans rationalize this is good news........yet people shit on MS for posting a 6+ billion PROFIT lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Well this dose of reality kinda halted the PS4 hype train lol.

Now we got Ethomaz posting damage control instead of Kaz gifs :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Conegamer said:

Uncertain where you're getting 115mil for the PS3 from. It'd have to sell another 43mil from here to reach that. To say it'll be lucky to get close to 10mil this year that's really streching it.

Let's say (including current sales for this year) the PS3 end at 80mil sold for this year (which is pretty much the average in the prediciton thread). I don't see where the other 35mil are going to come from after the PS4 launch. This gen isn't like the previous for Sony; it won't just keep selling.

90-95mil seems more reasonable.

I'm talking about shipment of couse...

2012: 75m (if confirmed)
2013: 86m
2014: 95m
2015: 102m
2016: 107m
2017+: 112m lifetime

That's the average but it will happen... 110-115 million.

sales2099 said:

Nice....including Xbox 1.Hes talking PS3 vs 360, which Sony lost at least a couple billion more on

And lol.....operating income. Pure spin.....do NET profit/losses.

There is no Net Profit/Lose for divisions...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

@kowen is posting damage control... I'm fine and hyped to PS4.

sales2099 said:

Handheld forcast cut from 14 million origionally to 7 million.........damn Vita going nowhere fast.

wasnt it 16m ?

ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

@kowen is posting damage control... I'm fine and hyped to PS4.

Kowen isn't a Sony fan. Sony posted a net loss.

Logic dictates he can't be posting damage control. The fact that you say your fine is denial, a form of damage control.

To further my theory, MS posted a 6+ billion net profit. My favourite company eats your favourite company for breakfast.

Looking at the number I'm surprised the Game division posted profit while PS3 sales are down, Vita is dead and they paid a lot for the Orbis R&D.

Maybe the profit margin in the Super Slim is really good.

ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

Uncertain where you're getting 115mil for the PS3 from. It'd have to sell another 43mil from here to reach that. To say it'll be lucky to get close to 10mil this year that's really streching it.

Let's say (including current sales for this year) the PS3 end at 80mil sold for this year (which is pretty much the average in the prediciton thread). I don't see where the other 35mil are going to come from after the PS4 launch. This gen isn't like the previous for Sony; it won't just keep selling.

90-95mil seems more reasonable.

I'm talking about shipment of couse...

2012: 75m (if confirmed)
2013: 86m 83m
2014: 95m 88m
2015: 102m 91m
2016: 107m 93m
2017+: 112m lifetime 95m lifetime (if we're talking shipped)

That's the average but it will happen... 95 million

You're expecting 9mil for 2014? That's never happening. It'll likely be 50% down YoY or so, depending on how the PS4 pans out. You're under-estimating the drops. It's happening already (PS3 almost certainly below 100k this week) and it'll only get worse.

I've edited with my predictions.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.