By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
PS3 will outship 360 LT after this current quarter or the next.

very possible.

sony almost died achieving it.

you come in and paint pretty pictures.  You never once acknowledge the bigger stories here.  Its quite amusing to watch you curry around cherry picking.

This

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

No, I am just stating some hard financial facts.  Am I wrong?

Yeap... Sony almost died because others divisions in special the TV one but you will just spin that.

make.believe

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

ethomaz said:

bananaking21 said:

looks like you edited this, well 360 is at 76 million, it will probably do 7~8 million this year and another 7~8 million the rest of its life. so thats 14 to 16 million which will put it around 90~92 million. over 50% of 360 sales are in the usa. next gen consoles will release this year and will pretty much destroy current gen consoles sales in usa. hence the 360's overall sales falling dramitcally. also in the last 2 years about 56% of 360 sales were in the holiday quarter alone. it was because of the kinect+CoD hype that made those sales, again next gen consoles will kill that hype resulting in 360 sales in the holiday period to drop pretty bad. ps3 has much healthier sales all year around and outside of the us, also in emerging markets where adabtion rates of next gen consoles are much slower than in the usa. all resutling in the ps3's favor in the long run when it comes to selling even after next gen consoles are released. at the moment ps3 is around 75million give or take. next year i expect 10 million and then another 12~14 million the rest of its life. putting it at around 97~99 million. then sony might keep it a bit longer to just scrap the 100 million mark

I shadow edited .

I asked that because the PS3 sales will ends 110-115m liferime... so 360 needs to get close to 105m to be 7 million behind.

you do realize that 115million is 40 million units away and the ps4 is being announced on the 20th right?

pezus said:
PS3 will outship 360 LT after this current quarter or the next.

"Outship"....Hmmm....maybe that's why the three Best Buy's near me have huge stacks of PS3 systems on the floor, yet each only have a half dozen or so 360's?!   While you want to have enough product available to meet demand, huge supplies of unsold product sitting at retail is never a good thing.

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network

bananaking21 said:

you do realize that 115million is 40 million units away and the ps4 is being announced on the 20th right?

At PS4 release will be 30 million and I'm sure the PS3 will sell a lot even after the PS4 launch... there are low price points to be explored yet ($199, $149 and finally $99).

Got to laugh. Only fan boys could celebrate a company posting losses....again.
Sony really are hanging on by their finger tips now.

kowenicki said:

yep that too.  but you have to include gaming.  The PS3 cost Sony billions.

To make you feel better PS3 is not the one that cost billions.

The graph needs to add the FY2011.

ethomaz said:

I shadow edited .

I asked that because the PS3 sales will ends 110-115m liferime... so 360 needs to get close to 105m to be 7 million behind.

Uncertain where you're getting 115mil for the PS3 from. It'd have to sell another 43mil from here to reach that. To say it'll be lucky to get close to 10mil this year that's really streching it.

Let's say (including current sales for this year) the PS3 end at 80mil sold for this year (which is pretty much the average in the prediciton thread). I don't see where the other 35mil are going to come from after the PS4 launch. This gen isn't like the previous for Sony; it won't just keep selling. 

90-95mil seems more reasonable.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

yep that too.  but you have to include gaming.  The PS3 cost Sony billions.

To make you feel better PS3 is not the one that cost billions.

The graph needs to add the FY2011.

Nice....including Xbox 1.Hes talking PS3 vs 360, which Sony lost at least a couple billion more on

And lol.....operating income. Pure spin.....do NET profit/losses.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.