By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

I buy shares via https://www.binck.com/

My Adidas shares were awesome until I had to sell them. You can buy Sony stock on Xetra.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154632&page=1#26

So it is that bad... market is crazy lol

PS3 software total now is around 715 million.

Farsala said:
Wlakiz said:
Farsala said:
kowenicki said:
Shares tanked almost 11% over night in Japan. Still healthily up from where I bought. But I might get rid and cash in I think. Thanks Sony, tidy little profit there.

Is it that simple to make profit off of stocks? Buy one week then sell a few months later? I am considering buying Sony stocks after PS4 announcement or FY report if the market is still low.

You should buy before the PS4 announcement

Too risky as we do not know when the actual PS4 announcement is.  After the announcement though it would be clear whether to invest or not.

If you want to make money.. you trade on expectations not on results. Unless you're doing insider trading, by the time the results come, you're already late for the party.

zumnupy10 said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

@kowen

The issue in Game division is the portable hardware sales... if Vita have sold 2-3 million more units I'm sure the game division was be up yoy.

where did I say it wasnt? 

and lol at the bolded.... they didnt though did they.

you have some very strange ways at looking at business.

This just proves that Playstation mobile gaming is now a failure from a business perspective.  PS4 is in a very imprtant postion now.  It simply HAS to be succesful from the start otherwise Playstation as a business is in doubt.

No questions about PS mobile being a failure.  Anyone who denies it, is blind.

PS4 has to at least mantain the same marketshare PS3 has now on next gen. 

How ridiculous a statement is that from both of you, especially Kowen, who is supposedly looking at this from a "business perspective."  The Vita will go on to become the 2nd best selling non-Nintendo handheld of all time when all is said and done, while making Sony a profit.  That is far from a failure.  Sure, Nintendo will rule the handheld market, but there's nothing wrong when you're going to end up making millions off of 2nd place.  That's just like saying Nintendo should pull out of the home console business if they can't turn the Wii U around.  Or if NeXbox does worse than the PS4, they are a failure and need to pull out, too.

So Kowen, you think its time for MS to drop all this WP BS, then?  I mean, it may make them money, but they aren't anywhere near 1st in marketshare.  Hell, not even close to 2nd.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
zumnupy10 said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

@kowen

The issue in Game division is the portable hardware sales... if Vita have sold 2-3 million more units I'm sure the game division was be up yoy.

where did I say it wasnt? 

and lol at the bolded.... they didnt though did they.

you have some very strange ways at looking at business.

This just proves that Playstation mobile gaming is now a failure from a business perspective.  PS4 is in a very imprtant postion now.  It simply HAS to be succesful from the start otherwise Playstation as a business is in doubt.

No questions about PS mobile being a failure.  Anyone who denies it, is blind.

PS4 has to at least mantain the same marketshare PS3 has now on next gen. 

How ridiculous a statement is that from both of you, especially Kowen, who is supposedly looking at this from a "business perspective."  The Vita will go on to become the 2nd best selling non-Nintendo handheld of all time when all is said and done, while making Sony a profit.  That is far from a failure.  Sure, Nintendo will rule the handheld market, but there's nothing wrong when you're going to end up making millions off of 2nd place.  That's just like saying Nintendo should pull out of the home console business if they can't turn the Wii U around.  Or if NeXbox does worse than the PS4, they are a failure and need to pull out, too.

So Kowen, you think its time for MS to drop all this WP BS, then?  I mean, it may make them money, but they aren't anywhere near 1st in marketshare.  Hell, not even close to 2nd.

Maybe calling Playstation handheld business a failure is not right.  After all, the reason why Sony decided to make PSV was the sucess of PSP.

ethomaz said:

riderz13371 said:

I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at. I'm reading the "games" division numbers.

Operating income: 4.6 billion yen ($53 million)

It's in the OP.

Im sure you saw the stock thread, but OI is misleading.

Its all about the NET

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Its all about the NET

There is no Net for Game Division... you know when the division profits when they have Operation Income and not Operation Loss.

Sony have bad results... the Game Division not... can you get that?

ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

Its all about the NET

There is no Net for Game Division... you know when the division profits when they have Operation Income and not Operation Loss.

Sony have bad results... the Game Division not... can you get that?

fair enough

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.