By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can Nintendo gamers even talk about other system failing?

OP is mad lol.

WiiU is still early in its life.

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
thismeintiel said:

The whole industry is in a decline, which will be even worse for the PS4/NeXbox.  While the industry is in a decline, it has to do more with the current systems turning 7 years old (8 for the 360) this year.  That doesn't necessarily mean that next gen will continue this decline.  It also implies that Nintendo has always been on top, so the other consoles will always fare worse than Nintendo's console.  I think a lot of this comes from some Nintendo fans only coming into gaming recently, so are ignorant, willingly or not, of what happened with the N64 and Gamecube.  Personally, I think the Wii U is going to end up with sales similar to those consoles.

That is the argument I've used and it is actually very valid. I wouldn't say the industry is in decline but people are spending less. Look at 3ds and vita. 3ds came out at £230 and people didn't pay it. People swore they would do it with vita though and look what happened. It seems the specs didn't lure consumers in.

Wii u has launched at a fairly mainstream price for gamers and it is yet again struggling. If you actually think more power (which would mean more expensive consoles and games as well) will fair any better then you are probably in for a rude awakening. In fact this time next year I think we will see the same excuses vita got when that came out "oh but wii u launched without any competition so it isn't fair to compare to that". It depends how sales go but I highly doubt the others aren't going to struggle.

The handheld market is slightly different to the home console market.  Considering most games are played on the go and for small amounts of time, casuals buy them in greater numbers than the core gamers do.  Having said that, I think the Vita would have fared better if Nintendo had kept the price the same, as it woud hav been more bang for your buck.  I think Nintendo knew this, which is why they reduced the price before its first holiday.  But that's all said and done, so there's no point in speculating it anymore.

I think the Wii U just isn't very appealing to people outside of the hardcore Nintendo fanbase.  The price is fine, as its only $30 more than the PS3 currently, which makes me believe a price cut of less than $80 wouldn't do much for sales.  I think next gen is going to be a return to core gaming.  Sure, there will still be casuals, but they won't be the ones that drive the direction of the industry, unlike the previous one.  So, basically the market Nintendo is going to be going after is the market that already owns a PS3 or 360.  Those people are not going to be satisfied with a slight upgrade in graphics and a tablet controller.  They are going to either go with the PS4 or NeXbox (if the rumors that they are pushing Kinect 2 in a large way are false), when they demonstrate a much larger leap in power.

Another d0me thread? Oh dear.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

riderz13371 said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
riderz13371 said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
Player1x3 said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
Player1x3 said:

Oh for christ sake, read the thread, check the date on your source and leave this issue already >_<

I don't understand how a random thread on VGC is a more reliable source than an official statement from Sony from Nov 2011

Ugh, i give up >_<

Can't argue with an official statement from Sony hey g 

The official statement from Sony was released over a year ago (november 2012).

yeh that's what i said. Surely the PS2 didn't sell over a million units in 2012. The Vita can barely sell that. And it was Nov 2011 not 2012.

The PS2 is very popular is evolving countries and it actually recently released in some of those smaller countries. It's still a very popular console due to it's massive amount of games available. I wouldn't be surprised if it did sell over a million units in over a years time. The vita is suffering because of it's lack of games and high price. The PS2 has none of these problems. Understand?

nah i doubt it dude. 

SuperMarioWorld said:

nah i doubt it dude. 

Are you just ignoring the fact that the PS2 shipped 600k in Jan-Mar 2012 alone?

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:

nah i doubt it dude. 

exactly "shipped"

SuperMarioWorld said:
Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:

nah i doubt it dude. 

exactly "shipped"

Your point?  The numbers we've been talking about have all been shipped seeing as how there are no reliable WW PS2 sell through numbers, and the DS numbers here are clearly inaccurate considering VGC has the DS selling more than it shipped.  If the DS outships the PS2, then you can expect PR from Nintendo about how they have the best selling video game system.

Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:

nah i doubt it dude. 

exactly "shipped"

Your point?  The numbers we've been talking about have all been shipped seeing as how there are no reliable WW PS2 sell through numbers, and the DS numbers here are clearly inaccurate considering VGC has the DS selling more than it shipped.  If the DS outships the PS2, then you can expect PR from Nintendo about how they have the best selling video game system.

Well I can't comment on DS numbers but I'm pretty sure PS2 numbers on VGC are pretty accurate.

prayformojo said:

Nintendo has released 6 home consoles, and out of those, only two were dominant. Yes, that's right. It may shock the under 21s in here to understand this, but Nintendo has lost just as much as it's won. During the DC/PS2/Xbox and Gamecube era, they were the butt of every joke. From being kiddy, to "it's a purple toy lunch box", no one cared about Gamecube. Even their games, like WW and SMS were not liked (history has been revised by the little kids at the time who are now old enough to voice their opinon online. Believe me, the cartoon Link was mocked and hated).

It was a little weird watching all the kids of the Gamecube era take to the internet, and boast about how unbeatable Nintendo was and how the Wii-U will take names, because they're "Nintendo" and thus, should never be doubted. If you thought that, you were either too young to know better, or don't know your history.

Oh please. You mean 3? Wouldn't be much of an argument either since Sony has had 2 and Microsoft 0. Also, the Gamecube was only seen as a kiddy console by complete morons who thought they would appear older by playing m-rated games. I know, I was in high school at the time and every single one of those sheep loves the system now that they truly are mature and can appreciate games of all kinds.

Was the PS2 a better console? Yes, but the Gamecube still delivered some of the absolute best games of that generation. Games like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

SuperMarioWorld said:
Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
Yakuzaice said:
SuperMarioWorld said:

nah i doubt it dude. 

exactly "shipped"

Well I can't comment on DS numbers but I'm pretty sure PS2 numbers on VGC are pretty accurate.

No they are not, ioi admitted it himself.