By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 60FPS HD trailer for Wonderful 101. Yes this game is 60fps.. not sure if 720 or 1080 though.

BlkPaladin said:
archbrix said:

Yeah, I don't see it moving a ton of consoles but it could prove to be a sleeper hit with the critics.

Hey, Nintendo, here's a thought: put some freak'n money behind it with some advertising so it doesn't go unnoticed (unlike poor ZombiU).

That seems like what Iwata has in mind when he stated that he has no intension of lowering the price of the WiiU. He said that the value of the console needed to be communicated better. i.e. better advertising. I guess they had started. The following days when ever I tried to pull some gaming videos from Youtube I usally had the advertisment to come and watch the Nintendo Direct pop up before hand. Whether they continue to do so remain the question. They have the right idea in that just carpet bombing TV isn't the answer. Lower cost approaches that target where the target audience is does better.

Plus bring in software, but we will have to wait for the next ND for that.

I sure hope so.  Regarding ZombiU specifically, I lost count of how many times I saw the Resident Evil 6 commercial during The Walking Dead.  Such a missed opportunity by Nintendo with ZombiU.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

Just go to this Link:

http://wiiublog.com/?s=1080p

I knew it, you're Kaizar from the comments sections on the 3DS/WiiU blog sites.  Some of your numbers and statements on that site are not correct, sorry to tell you.  Some of the stuff you said had legitimacy, but in the end, the 3DS is still weaker than the PS Vita.

Maver said:
60 fps, damn that's some revolutionary shit.

You mean, we haven't achieved games with 60 fps yet?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
Maver said:

Nope.  The best we have is 59.99999999 FPS.  This is the first TRUE 60FPS game.  

Kaizar said:
disolitude said:
Speaking of 1080p TVs...

Fellow Canadians that need a good 1080p set for dirt cheap -
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/factory-refurbished-47-inch-lcd-1080p-120hz-with-pixel-plus-3-hd/10154806?

At WalMart, well you are more better off getting a Refurbish VIZIO Smart 3D HD TV 1080p 32 inch.........it cost $270 in the US.

I beg to differ. 3D on a 32 inch is next to useless especially considering it's passive 3D which sucks.

This TV has an IPS 178/178 degree viewing pannel and was one of the Phillips high end TVs in 2010.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Kaizar said:

Just go to this Link:

http://wiiublog.com/?s=1080p

I knew it, you're Kaizar from the comments sections on the 3DS/WiiU blog sites.  Some of your numbers and statements on that site are not correct, sorry to tell you.  Some of the stuff you said had legitimacy, but in the end, the 3DS is still weaker than the PS Vita.

I know the 3DS is weaker then the PS Vita.

But the 3DS has wwaaaayy more Shader Cores then the Vita.

And the 3DS has waaaayyy more Triangles then the Vita.

Plus I think it strange that the 3DS does more in post processing it's photos then the Vita, because of stereo camera & 3D auto focus & StreetPass.

But I have always admitted that the Vita has 35 million polygons vs. the 3DS 15.3 million polygons, if you go by what the specs say. (Vita 8.X million Polygons a core with 4 cores , and 3DS 15.3 million a core with 1 core)

Plus the Web Browser is just as fast, unless you suspend something on the 3DS to multitask, then the 3DS Web Browser becomes slower then Vita.

I just find the App functions creepy in comparison when the Vita is said to have a 4 core 1 GHz CPU vs. the 3DS 2 core 1 GHz CPU. (which shows the 3DS is weaker)

Plus the Vita GPU is clocked at 266 MHz while the 3DS GPU is clocked at 400 MHz, but the 3DS only has 1 core while the Vita has 4 cores.

What

MDMAlliance said:
ps3-sales! said:
Maver said:

Nope.  The best we have is 59.99999999 FPS.  This is the first TRUE 60FPS game.  

What About GameCube 60 fps, was it also 59.X fps?

And what about Vita 60 fps & 3DS refresh rate of 180 (60 fps per image), are these also like 59.X fps per image?

disolitude said:
Kaizar said:
disolitude said:
Speaking of 1080p TVs...

Fellow Canadians that need a good 1080p set for dirt cheap -
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/factory-refurbished-47-inch-lcd-1080p-120hz-with-pixel-plus-3-hd/10154806?

At WalMart, well you are more better off getting a Refurbish VIZIO Smart 3D HD TV 1080p 32 inch.........it cost $270 in the US.

I beg to differ. 3D on a 32 inch is next to useless especially considering it's passive 3D which sucks.

This TV has an IPS 178/178 degree viewing pannel and was one of the Phillips high end TVs in 2010.

I watch live action 3D videos all the time on a 3.53 inch screen (my 3DS) and its also Passive 3D.

So explain all those Movie Trailers & Music Videos & etc. in Passive 3D on a less then 4 inch screen.

Are you talking about Converting 2D to 3D like the Star Wars Episode 1 3D trailer that was on the 3DS?

60fps is very nice, but id still prefer 1080p@30fps

Chevinator123 said:

60fps is very nice, but id still prefer 1080p@30fps

Batman & Assassin's Creed 3 & Mighty Switch Force & many other Wii U games are 1080p.

So let's just wait til we get a confirmation of where the HD stands.......1K or 2K.

But in 2D you won't notice the difference anyways between these 2 HD definitions.

2K HD is really needed on TV to enjoy passive stereoscopic stuff.