By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: China seeking to end ban on console sales (Sony, Nintendo up)

Otakumegane said:
The rise of the middle class in china, the lifted ban on the consoles......

This is looking to be a great growth of a market.
(Now all they need to care of is the piracy problem....)

PC MMORPGS are bolder enemies to console games than piracy is, really.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I think many of you are skipping over the fact that many of the over 1 Billion Chinese couldn't even afford a console. It's not going to be easy for Sony and Nintendo to break into China and have all these explosive sales that some of you think they'll get. It's not that easy.

Even if only 1% could afford a console it would still equate to 10 million potential consumers.

Deyon said:

Why is it not good news for Microsoft ?

Because China would be much more likely to adopt Japanese products and games than American shooterbox type stuff.

By 2015 China will be home to the worlds 4th largest wealthy population.

http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Understanding_Chinas_wealthy_2392

The future potential for consoles in China would be huge.

cunger said:

By 2015 China will be home to the worlds 4th largest wealthy population.

http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Understanding_Chinas_wealthy_2392

The future potential for consoles in China would be huge.

If that happens, Sony will make billions because Chinese people love online gaming, Can't say the same thing for Nintendo.

Nintendo is still not pushing online gaming and they don't really care about it.

Around the Network
cunger said:
Deyon said:

Why is it not good news for Microsoft ?

Because China would be much more likely to adopt Japanese products and games than American shooterbox type stuff.

Hows that? I say both the 360 and the Ps3 have an equal chance. Although im tempted to mention the sucess of iPhone in China and other american products as opposed to Japanese. 

Yay!!!

Otakumegane said:
bonkers555 said:
Otakumegane said:
Very good news for Sony/Nintendo. Obviously the Chinese will take the Asian consoles over the American one.

(Not because it's bad but because of a relevance between cultures)

Lol..Japanese and Chinese culture is nothing alike.

Dynasty warriors says hello. (They have a respect for each other's cultures. I'd say that the Japanese and the Chinese are still closer to each other than Americans and the Chinese)

This is taiwan 2011 home console software sales

Finally a good news after all those doom threads about console gaming etc. The bigger the market the better for developers to have a chance to profit.

babuks said:
Finally a good news after all those doom threads about console gaming etc. The bigger the market the better for developers to have a chance to profit.

Doom is because of production costs of games and sales not meeting the production costs, so studios are going uner.

I think it will help a little and even if it's just about having a retail presence it helps and can maybe open the market for more official western electronics etc and has this happens more and more and the government sees gain from a growing tax revenue it can help with patent issues and the black market .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot