By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - We need to talk about the Wii U sales, what happened?

The one thing I don't understand; why some people think that the launch of PS4 and nextbox will be good for the Wii U sales. If anything, it will double the amount of competitors and devour even more of the market, it will stuck between two generations attacking from all sides, left with practically no 3rd party support to boot.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:

ok guys how about his i will bet this for the year 2014, the 720 and ps4, will out sell 3-1 wiiu in the same time period, of 2013, if i win you guys put in your sig ninja blade owned me and knows what's he's talking about, a very good predictor, i will do the same thing for you guys.

I like KungKras idea more, but 1 month sig control is fine. Then it's a deal. Deadline 6 months? 

ok 1 month sig control, the only problem is, i don't know what they are the shipping numers for launch, if thye ship only a 1 million units for november, december, i'm pretty much lost, just wouldn't be fair honestly.

Let's based this bet on VGC numbers. Either way launch won't matter all that much since the consoles need to be 6 months on the market.

how about we do 6 month for the start of 2014, thats fair, 3-1 is prett huge.

6 months on the market from launch date.

i think ill pass on that in that bet.

gigantor21 said:
d21lewis said:
Things looked pretty bad for the 3DS, too: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/85877/nine-weeks-in-3ds-sales-have-dropped-to-wonderswan-levels/

So...100$ price cut with 10 free Gamecube games for early adopters in April, then? I'll be holding you to that.

It's like an ink blot test.  I didn't say anything good or bad about the Wii U or that the Wii U would improve, do worse, or get a price cut (at least in this particular post).  I just posted a link.  It's up to you to interpret it.  If that's what you saw, then that what you saw.

ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:

ok guys how about his i will bet this for the year 2014, the 720 and ps4, will out sell 3-1 wiiu in the same time period, of 2013, if i win you guys put in your sig ninja blade owned me and knows what's he's talking about, a very good predictor, i will do the same thing for you guys.

I like KungKras idea more, but 1 month sig control is fine. Then it's a deal. Deadline 6 months? 

ok 1 month sig control, the only problem is, i don't know what they are the shipping numers for launch, if thye ship only a 1 million units for november, december, i'm pretty much lost, just wouldn't be fair honestly.

Let's based this bet on VGC numbers. Either way launch won't matter all that much since the consoles need to be 6 months on the market.

Ok then let's make it 2:1. I will still win though.

Nintendo and PC gamer

OneTwoThree said:
KungKras said:

Mario Kard and 3D Mario didn't sell the gamecube, so don't be too optimistic about those two games.

They need a proper 2D Mario.

Huh from what I hear Wii U has a proper 2D Mario?

Also, Mario Kart only got more popular in recent years. It's THE local multiplayer game, and I expect some smart innovations from Nintendo.

3D Mario, granted, it's a bit of a frustrating affair. Like Zelda, these games are really really hard to make and quite expensive, but their sales potential seems limited. Let's hope Nintendo never gives up on them.

looks at 3dLand sales, yeah I dont think you have to worry.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:

i will take that bet.

d21lewis said:
gigantor21 said:
d21lewis said:
Things looked pretty bad for the 3DS, too: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/85877/nine-weeks-in-3ds-sales-have-dropped-to-wonderswan-levels/

So...100$ price cut with 10 free Gamecube games for early adopters in April, then? I'll be holding you to that.

It's like an ink blot test.  I didn't say anything good or bad about the Wii U or that the Wii U would improve, do worse, or get a price cut (at least in this particular post).  I just posted a link.  It's up to you to interpret it.  If that's what you saw, then that what you saw.

LOL dude, I was just kidding. :p

Seriously, though. Even if they did something that drastic, I don't know if it would work out as well as it did for the 3DS. I don't think there's a huge critical mass of people waiting to pick one up that can be swayed with a price cut.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:

i will take that bet.

Deal! Already put it on my sig.

Nintendo and PC gamer

They went after casual audience with the pad controller hoping it to be new wiiremote and it backfired. For core gamer Wii U doesn't offer anything at the moment.

Mr Puggsly said:
Three problems!

1. Price

2. New controller isn't as interesting as Wiimote.

3. Library isn't impressive and its not getting many of the anticipated 2013 titles.

U took the words right out of my mouth, its not as cheap as the Wii , the controller "although cool" isnt the Wiimote gimmick that familys will buy into and theres only a small handful of games so far.

zelda WiiU wont be out this year although windwaker will but i do expect a xmas launch for a new 3D MARIO, my biggest worry is the moment sony/micro release their nex-gen systems 3rd party support will dwindle for WiiU.

it will be a difficult one for ninty to get through but im sure they will have something up thier sleeves

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...