By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - We need to talk about the Wii U sales, what happened?

DélioPT said:
AnthonyW86 said:
DélioPT said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

I was talking about what could be added in the next Wii Fit or Just Dance. Something to make it unique.

Oh, sorry! Well, in this case this feature would help Wii Fit U to become a bigger system seller, but don't expect JD devs to make it Wii U exclusive if they'll add it: once they coded it, they'd use it in whichever console offering the needed access to Youtube.

But other consoles don`t have a Miiverse to share videos and pictures. Unless the future consoles will have something like that, then, it would really be exclusive.

Some rumors suggest that the PS4 will have a share button on the controller.

Yeah, i read something about that. The question is: share where? If they have something like Miiverse, then it matters. If it`s sharing on facebook or youtube, i don`t think it will bring people together.

I remember the Sony Xperia phones relying very heavily on sharing through Facebook, Youtube etc. with adjusted Android skin etc. They could probably implement PSN accounts with ease, so you could choose to share to friends that you added on PSN.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
DélioPT said:

Yeah, i read something about that. The question is: share where? If they have something like Miiverse, then it matters. If it`s sharing on facebook or youtube, i don`t think it will bring people together.

I remember the Sony Xperia phones relying very heavily on sharing through Facebook, Youtube etc. with adjusted Android skin etc. They could probably implement PSN accounts with ease, so you could choose to share to friends that you added on PSN.

Miiverse seems more universal as even those who don`t have friends online can share and see other people`s publications and it`s all very easy to access.
For example, i could share it on my facebook page but i don`t have gamer friends. Nobody would care. On youtube i could go missing for putting the name wrong or smething.
That`s why Miiverse is great: it´s right there. You can`t miss it and it`s a lot easier to comunicate.

Miiverse will probably exist in PSN or XboxLive one way or another, too.

My local Bic Camera has now dismantled their WiiU display and pushed the consoles, accessories and games to the far corner of the store where the misc accessories and batteries, hdmi cables etc are, in favor of more shelf space for ps3 and wii games - that's harsh, lol