By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - We need to talk about the Wii U sales, what happened?

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:
There`s one thing that could really help sales on the next Wii Fit and Just Dance: use the camera on the controller to record you dance moves or exercises and put them online on Miiverse!

But unless somebody else films the dancer, it would be a hindrance this way too, Kinect and PS Eye would be better solutions for this job, and produce more stable videos. Even teens that sometimes film themselves dancing with their smartphones would find the tablet awkward for this job, as it's bigger and designed to be used with two hands.

Not really. Remember that Wii U video before E3 where those two guys were talking and the Wii U gamepad was next to the tv?
Just use the Wii U charge thingie and filming won`t be a problem.

OK, this should solve the problem. Then it will compete on a par with Kinect and Move, for what concerns HW capabilities. This should give it an edge if the potential buyer of the game still has to buy a console, while for those already owning a PS3 or a XB360 without Move or Kinect, the additional cost required to play the game on their current consoles will be a lot lower than buying a new one for it, and obviously for those owning Move or Kinect too, the game won't be a system seller for Wii U. So basically the game can be really a system seller amongst people that don't own a console yet, or that own older than 7th gen ones.

Just Dance and Wii Fit are basically Wii brands. If the next games can evolve with the integration on Miiverse it will provide a lasting and fun experience.
Of, course, as it is only something you can do on Wii U, that alone is a selling factor. Meaning that new buyers won`t choose a different console as they can`t use this funtion anywhere else and old buyers have a good reason to invest in Wii U.

Actually something came to mind while writing this:
If you could put videos on Miiverse, through Youtube, for example, why not make competitions and people could put their videos on miiverse - on a dedicated forum - and ask people to vote?
Last year or two years ago Nintendo ran a competition where you had to make a video to enter and there were a lot of videos from people all over Europe. Some were actually really fun.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:

[...]

Just Dance and Wii Fit are basically Wii brands. If the next games can evolve with the integration on Miiverse it will provide a lasting and fun experience.
Of, course, as it is only something you can do on Wii U, that alone is a selling factor. Meaning that new buyers won`t choose a different console as they can`t use this funtion anywhere else and old buyers have a good reason to invest in Wii U.

If you could put videos on Miiverse, through Youtube, for example, why not make competitions and people could put their videos on miiverse - on a dedicated forum - and ask people to vote?
Last year or two years ago Nintendo ran a competition where you had to make a video to enter and there were a lot of videos from people all over Europe. Some were actually really fun.

According to what I read, JD's exclusive feature for Wii U isn't video recording (although sharing videos on Miiverse is obviously exclusive), but "Puppet Master Mode". Anyhow, yes, it can be a selling factor, and I agree your ideas to better the Miiverse experience could work too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

You're supposed to write "we need to talk about it".

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

[...]

According to what I read, JD's exclusive feature for Wii U isn't video recording (although sharing videos on Miiverse is obviously exclusive), but "Puppet Master Mode". Anyhow, yes, it can be a selling factor, and I agree your ideas to better the Miiverse experience could work too.

I was talking about what could be added in the next Wii Fit or Just Dance. Something to make it unique.

DélioPT said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

[...]

I was talking about what could be added in the next Wii Fit or Just Dance. Something to make it unique.

Oh, sorry! Well, in this case this feature would help Wii Fit U to become a bigger system seller, but don't expect JD devs to make it Wii U exclusive if they'll add it: once they coded it, they'd use it in whichever console offering the needed access to Youtube.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

Oh, sorry! Well, in this case this feature would help Wii Fit U to become a bigger system seller, but don't expect JD devs to make it Wii U exclusive if they'll add it: once they coded it, they'd use it in whichever console offering the needed access to Youtube.

But other consoles don`t have a Miiverse to share videos and pictures. Unless the future consoles will have something like that, then, it would really be exclusive.

DélioPT said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

But other consoles don`t have a Miiverse to share videos and pictures. Unless the future consoles will have something like that, then, it would really be exclusive.

Some rumors suggest that the PS4 will have a share button on the controller.

AnthonyW86 said:
DélioPT said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DélioPT said:

Some rumors suggest that the PS4 will have a share button on the controller.

Yeah, i read something about that. The question is: share where? If they have something like Miiverse, then it matters. If it`s sharing on facebook or youtube, i don`t think it will bring people together.

Nintendo had a chance to win this gens console war. Arrogance and     

Pride has beenits downfall. No improvement whatsoever over the wii. It has shown disrespect

To the very fans who supported it. As much as I don't want to adnit it, ps4 could be the final victor.

Nintendo can still pull a 3DS, but somehow I doubt it. Handhelds and consoles are two different markets.

Guess casuals dont like the idea of holding a clunky tablet. Core gamers are too used to 360 and PS3.

Whats interesting is that the casuals haven't attached to WiiU. This means either Xbox or PS4 can hit the goldmine and get them on their side.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.