By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker looking considerably uglier on HD

There's no winning with gamers these days.

Upscale the older games with HD and add achievements/trophies: gamers love it or hate it because it's not a "true remake"

Completely redo the visual style and actually put some effort into the remake ALA Wind Waker and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: Gamers love it or hate it because it gets rid of the thing that made the original game great.

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS GAMERS

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

When they first unveiled Wind Waker 10 or so years ago. The fan reaction was 10 times worse than the whole DMC hair thing. Now over the years people warmed up to the look of the game. Good to see the negativity rise up again as they are remaking the game in HD. Not much changes. Things just go round and round.

Every time someone makes the argument that "HD doesn't go well with this art style" / "HD would make this look worse" etc, I just want to face palm so badly. All HD does is make the game look sharper and better. What you don't like about the new HD remake for Wind Waker is the new art style and build they're using. Not the fact that it's HD.

HD Wind Waker = Wind Waker on the PC Dolphin tech.

I like the way it looks in Wii U. Mostly because it's a remake, not a VC game upscaled.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Guys they added actual lighting now it's rooned

Around the Network

I think it will look far more impressive when one see the revamped lighting and effects in motion. As it stand, all we're doing is nitpicking the fine artistic detail of a screenshot.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I think it looks absolutely great. I just hate that bloody colour scheme. Could do with a bit more cell shading too.

This would have look much better on SNES.

wfz said:
Every time someone makes the argument that "HD doesn't go well with this art style" / "HD would make this look worse" etc, I just want to face palm so badly. All HD does is make the game look sharper and better. What you don't like about the new HD remake for Wind Waker is the new art style and build they're using. Not the fact that it's HD.

HD Wind Waker = Wind Waker on the PC Dolphin tech.

Precisely, the style and art direction is unchanged, I don't see why so many are opposed to HD resolutions.

OP: I think that looks amazing, to be perfectly honest.

I think it looks brilliant. You can GTFO with your different opinions and your craziness. >=(

SW-5120-1900-6153