PS2 14 4.52%

N64 52 16.77%

Gamecube 96 30.97%

XBox 13 4.19%

PS3 25 8.06%

XBox360 9 2.90%

Wii 13 4.19%

Total:310

Don't know if this has been done before, but which gaming console do you think has survived the toughest of accidents?  

Also, it would be fun if you could share your experiences with these consoles, what kind of abuse did it suffer and still work in the end?

Around the Network

The SNES, easily. Mine is 20 years old and as kids me and my brother were rough as hell with it, but it still works perfectly. Plus, nobody I know with a SNES has had it break on them.
Cartridge based systems are tougher in general because they don't have the moving parts a disc drive requires.

Xbox 360 Xenon...

Duh its a no brainer.

Yay!!!

Ps3 :D

The Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo were pretty sturdy.

Around the Network

GameCube.

That thing's indestructible. Yes, the other Nintendo systems are also extremely durable, but you could throw the GameCube against a wall (or have fall to the floor from 2 meters up) and it still wouldn't break. Plastic included.

Nsanity said:
The Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo were pretty sturdy.

Oh, I forgot about the Sega systems.  However, the poll can't fit them anyway. Haha.

The SNES is a freakin' BOULDER MAYNEEE.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I would say N64 but I already voted for the SNES. Mainly its better because the parts are all a lot better held together.

SNES cartridges are a little loose in the slot which I think may be what caused my SNES to be partially broken. I have to play with some games to get them to work. Like I have to literally push down on them as hard as I can when I turn the system on and then ever so slowly ease up the pressure, and if the cartridge moves at all, the system freezes and I have to start over....

N64 however doesn't jiggle when I put it in the slot.

Keep in mind that it's been ages since I got SNES so I don't really remember how its supposed to be, maybe theres a part that me and my brothers broke or something, but it's definitely problematic so many years later.

S.Peelman said:
GameCube.

That thing's indestructible. Yes, the other Nintendo systems are also extremely durable, but you could throw the GameCube against a wall (or have fall to the floor from 2 meters up) and it still wouldn't break. Plastic included.

I remember it being the height of summer, and I would play the gamecube, with the thing under my duvet (god knows why), thing is still alive and kicking, today.

These days, you even look at the dial to turn down the AC, and your console starts overheating.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, also dropped the Xbox down the stairs, no damage

(yes, my household is not a safe environment for game consoles).