By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wild Card Round Part 1] *Countdown* SSB4 !

Who Is the Best Choice To Be In SSB4?(Top 2 Advance)

Baby Mario+Luigi 16 36.36%

Zoroark 6 13.64%

Balloon Fighter 6 13.64%

Barbara 1 2.27%

Welt 0 0%

Waluigi 5 11.36%

Bandana Dee 4 9.09%

Black Shadow 3 6.82%

Total:41
Metrium said:
I thought you were only including characters that had a chance of making into the game. Banjo has no chance.

I vote Bayonetta. If I thought Banjo had a slight chance I would rather have him since he is way more important to Nintendo's history. But I want Bayonetta to, she would be a great addition and unlike Banjo she has a chance.

Would seriously be a shame if someone as awsome as Bayonetta who actualy got a chance to make into the game lose into that tournament on the first round to a character who is owned by M$ only because of nostalgia.

Banjo (and Conker) are the only characters not own by Nintendo (with the exception of Sonic Characters and third party like megaman, Lloyd Irving) that i put on the list. Banjo kazooie should be in SSB, but it sucks their owned by M$ now. They were important in N64 era with being in 3 games!!!

Around the Network

Banjo and Kazooie

TheKingofRedLions said:

Banjo and Kazooie

Banjo Kazooie= One of the Most loved characters in N64 era! Bayonetta= Wii U exclusive, can do major help on the game!

Bloody hell, lad! you T-boned me on this vote!!! 'x_x'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
tbone51 said:
Metrium said:
I thought you were only including characters that had a chance of making into the game. Banjo has no chance.

I vote Bayonetta. If I thought Banjo had a slight chance I would rather have him since he is way more important to Nintendo's history. But I want Bayonetta to, she would be a great addition and unlike Banjo she has a chance.

Would seriously be a shame if someone as awsome as Bayonetta who actualy got a chance to make into the game lose into that tournament on the first round to a character who is owned by M$ only because of nostalgia.

Banjo (and Conker) are the only characters not own by Nintendo (with the exception of Sonic Characters and third party like megaman, Lloyd Irving) that i put on the list. Banjo kazooie should be in SSB, but it sucks their owned by M$ now. They were important in N64 era with being in 3 games!!!

I'm aware of all this, but it's a shame to eliminate contenders who actualy have a chance to characters who have 0% chance only because of nostalgia. 0, niet, nada.

Bayonetta is awsome and going exclusif for it's next game. Platinum Games' relations with Nintendo are getting better and better and Bayonetta in Smash could be the perfect representation of that. What did Banjo do for Nintendo? Abolustly nothing in over  15 years, what argument can Banjo fans make for his inclusion? Nothing but nostalgia.

If we would allow impossible characters, why don't we go crazy while were at it and add Spiderman and Goku? And why not Cloud or Sephiroth? Ppl sur don't seem to mind voting for guys who has 0 chances against guys that actualy have a shot, so I'm sure they would love voting for Voldo, Batman and Darth Vader.

I slightly feel the same for Tails, Knuckles and other Sonic characters. Only because Sonic was in brawl, ppl seem to have the crazy idea that we will see more from the Sonic franchinse. This is CRAZY to think that. Sonic represented Sega and it's big contribution to gaming, knuckles, Tails, Shadow and...Metal Sonic...are all insignificant next to him. We were lucky to get Sonic, his addition sould be considered crazy, but tails rly? They are not Nintendo characters. We may get Rayman into the game, but if it happens it would be super stupid for ppl to expect his stupid fat blue friend or that viking girl to make it into the game. Rayman would represent Ubisoft and that is it. If Megaman gets in the game, will ppl sudenly hope for Dr.Willy? And what about Psycho Mantis, Liquid Snake or Big Boss since Snake is in the game. See how silly this is going?

I'm sorry for the rant and I mean no disrespect since you putted a big amount of effort into this but I hate the idea of characters who have zero chance taking away the attention from characters who actualy do. I don't mind super obscure Nintendo characters who have no chances since they are from Nintendo and this is what smash is all about, putting Nintendo characters face to face but characters outside of Nintendo should be limited to those who are important and have a chance like Mega Man or Rayman. 

Also, are there any important character from Tekken or Tales? These characters would have a wayyyy better chance and make way more chance in smash than Metal Sonic ir Conker since Namco and working on the game.

Again, I don't want to sound like a dick, only pointing out characters that I already know that I won't vote for since I think the idea of these guys possibly getting in are silly . And I guess I'm bitter to see one of my favorite character who imo would be a good and smart addition to the smash roster lose to a M$ first party character who did'nt do anything but 2games 15years ago only because nostalgia is blinding ppl to the fact that it's useless to ask for him no matter how hard you demand for him.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
Metrium said:
tbone51 said:
Metrium said:

I'm aware of all this, but it's a shame to eliminate contenders who actualy have a chance to characters who have 0% chance only because of nostalgia. 0, niet, nada.

Bayonetta is awsome and going exclusif for it's next game. Platinum Games' relations with Nintendo are getting better and better and Bayonetta in Smash could be the perfect representation of that. What did Banjo do for Nintendo? Abolustly nothing in over  15 years, what argument can Banjo fans make for his inclusion? Nothing but nostalgia.

If we would allow impossible characters, why don't we go crazy while were at it and add Spiderman and Goku? And why not Cloud or Sephiroth? Ppl sur don't seem to mind voting for guys who has 0 chances against guys that actualy have shot, so I'm sure they would love voting for Voldo, Batman and Darth Vader.

I slightly feel the same for Tails, Knuckles and other Sonic characters. Only because Sonic was in brawl, ppl seem to have the crazy idea that we will see more from the Sonic franchinse. This is CRAZY to think that. Sonic represented Sega and it's big contribution to gaming, knuckles, Tails and Shadow...Metal Sonic...are all insignificant next to him. We were lucky to get Sonic, his addition so be considered crazy, but tails rly? They are not Nintendo characters. We may get Rayman into the game, but if it happens it would be super stupid for ppl to expect his stupid fat blue friend or that viking girl to make it into the game. Rayman would represent Ubisoft and that is it. If Megaman gets in the game, will ppl sudenly hope for Dr.Willy? And what about Psycho Mantis, Liquid Snake or Big Boss since Snake is in the game. See how silly this is going?

I'm sorry for the rant and I mean no disrespect since you putted a big amount of effort into this but I hate the idea of characters who have zero chance taking away the attention from characters who actualy do. I don't mind super obscure Nintendo characters who have no chances since they are from Nintendo and this is what smash is all about, putting Nintendo characters face to face but characters outside of Nintendo should be limited to those who are important and have a chance like Mega Man or Rayman. 

Also, are there any important character from Tekken or Tales? These characters would have a wayyyy better chance and make way more chance in smash than Metal Sonic ir Conker since Namco and working on the game.

Again, I don't want to sound like a dick, only pointing out characters that I already know that I won't vote for since I think the idea of these guys possibly getting in are silly . And I guess I'm bitter to see one of my favorite character who imo would be a good and smart addition to the smash roster lose to a M$ first party character who did'nt do anything but 2games 15years ago only because nostalgia is blinding ppl to the fact that it's useless to ask for him no matter how hard you demand for him.

Dont wrry not mad... You just trying to prove a point. Now two things, 1. yes Llyod Irving, Emil from tales will be included! Their popular and are nintendo (especially lloyd). 2. Banjo Kazooie is very important back in the N64 era. People had labeled it as the best 3D platformer in its time! Even better than Super Mario 64 and DK 64! Not to mention it had two games which the others didn't! Banjo Kazooie 1 is also the 10th best seller on the system! Another Example character people want is Bomberman. He's been big on N64 as well! Small on GCN and nothing on Wii unfortunately! Jus saying!

^There was a Bomberman game for the Wii, but it was pretty obscure...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
^There was a Bomberman game for the Wii, but it was pretty obscure...

thats why i said none lol do you like bomberman?

tbone51 said:

Dont wrry not mad... You just trying to prove a point. Now two things, 1. yes Llyod Irving, Emil from tales will be included! Their popular and are nintendo (especially lloyd). 2. Banjo Kazooie is very important back in the N64 era. People had labeled it as the best 3D platformer in its time! Even better than Super Mario 64 and DK 64! Not to mention it had two games which the others didn't! Banjo Kazooie 1 is also the 10th best seller on the system! Another Example character people want is Bomberman. He's been big on N64 as well! Small on GCN and nothing on Wii unfortunately! Jus saying!

I dont mind Bomberman since hes a big character (atleast used to be) and made his mark on Nintendo system's. Tails may arguably be a bigger character than Bomberman, but Tails is still only a #2 of his franchise. Main character of 3rd party should be considered but that should be it imo

I'm one of those who thought DK64 was the best 3D platformer. But to be back on topic, you are making good points, and I'm aware of all that. But my argument (and nothing you can say can change my mind on this) is that Banjo being a MS 1st party games, his inclusion is IMPOSSIBLE. Bomberman has a chance (super small, but still has one) but Banjo has as much chance as Sly Cooper. Why include someone who we all know is pointless to hope for? If Banjo became 3rd party, I would agree with you. No matter what the contribution Banjo did in the past, nothing will erase the fact that it's owned by microsoft. Now I'm seeing one of my favorite character who has a chance lose in the first round to someone who is IMPOSSIBLE and that is making me angry lol. Would have probably upset me less if it faced a obscure character like Barbara.

To me it's like making a thread titled ''who would win the NCAA football championship in 2015'', make the thread in a form of a tournament like you did, and add inside that tournament the NE's Patriots as a contender. Why do this knowing that all it will do is eliminating teams from the thread who have a legitimate chance agains the Pats who winning the NCAA title would be IMPOSSIBLE? Obviously you would have no reasons to add the Pats to your thread unlike Banjo, but despite that the result would be the same, both cases would face off a impossible contender against someone legitimate.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Bomberman was also big on NES and SNES, not just N64. Super Bomberman was one of 2 games I owned that actually used the 4 controller adapter I bought for my SNES. Good times.