By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is DmC the best console game to be published by Capcom in the last few years?

Is DmC the best console game to be released by Capcom in the last few years?

Yes 56 26.67%

No 124 59.05%

I don't care. I hate Emo! 30 14.29%

Total:210
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
leatherhat said:

4. Its EASY, the cardinal sin of action games

Quoted for importance.

We are clearly having another case of Ninja Gaiden 3 and some people are stuck on sticking up for it...

Merry Christmas. Survive the Nephilim level to unlock these...

• Son of Sparda - Remixed enemy layouts, tougher enemies and enemy behavior throughout.
  • Dante Must Die - As above, but contains the strongest enemies and insane attack waves.
  • Heaven or Hell - Another remixed mode, but everyone and everything, including Dante, dies after one hit. Supremely satisfying!
  • Hell and Hell - The same as above, but only Dante dies after one hit. For serious contenders.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/four-new-dmc-difficulties-revealed

you have no clue how mad you are making me right now. what you're saying right now is what i've heard a million times about the grand disappointment that was Diablo3 and it was bullsh*t, plain and clear.

there is a difference between actual challenge through a meaningful gameplay and cheap difficulty like simply raising the enemy hp

some of you are simply determined to defend this game no matter what and have the audacity to accuse us real DMC fans for disliking the game because of the "hair".

Ninja Gaiden 3 was widely dismissed without any redeeming qualities because of the sub par gameplay and now we have history repeating itself only with a different design.

who is the hypocrite ?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
leatherhat said:

4. Its EASY, the cardinal sin of action games

Quoted for importance.

We are clearly having another case of Ninja Gaiden 3 and some people are stuck on sticking up for it...

Merry Christmas. Survive the Nephilim level to unlock these...

• Son of Sparda - Remixed enemy layouts, tougher enemies and enemy behavior throughout.
  • Dante Must Die - As above, but contains the strongest enemies and insane attack waves.
  • Heaven or Hell - Another remixed mode, but everyone and everything, including Dante, dies after one hit. Supremely satisfying!
  • Hell and Hell - The same as above, but only Dante dies after one hit. For serious contenders.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/four-new-dmc-difficulties-revealed

you have no clue how mad you are making me right now. what you're saying right now is what i've heard a million times about the grand disappointment that was Diablo3 and it was bullsh*t, plain and clear.

there is a difference between actual challenge through a meaningful gameplay and cheap difficulty like simply raising the enemy hp

some of you are simply determined to defend this game no matter what and have the audacity to accuse us real DMC fans for disliking the game because of the "hair".

Ninja Gaiden 3 was widely dismissed without any redeeming qualities because of the sub par gameplay and now we have history repeating itself only with a different design.

who is the hypocrite ?

Then difficulty was never the problem. You have an issue with the dumbing down of aspects of the mechanics or certain aspects being omitted. In that case I agree, but I don't see how that majorly harms the game. Sure, Auto/manual, lock on and the true SSS needs to come back. This game should not be compared to Ninja Gaiden 3 because Ninja Gaiden 3 was broken but was barely salvaged on the Wii U version.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

the major transition this game has taken has absolutely NOTHING to do with difficulty, but rather mechanics tweaks.

You are so wrong coupled with your ignorance, i find it patronizing.

I'm gonna stop here.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

the major transition this game has taken has absolutely NOTHING to do with difficulty, but rather mechanics tweaks.

I'm gonna stop here.

As you wish.

disolitude said:

I'm going to go with a yes. Played a few hours of it today and its freekin awesome.

As far as i recall their game lineup, after Street Fighter IV not a single worthwhile new game came from Capcom, developed in house or externally, until DmC. (portable games excluded).

I guess Dead Rising 2 was decent, cosidering it was outsorced to Canadians. :P

OK I bought it and think it is pretty good. Thanks for the update. Go get Deadspace 3

Around the Network

Matter of opinion, of course. Hell, I really enjoyed the Bionic Commando titles we got from Capcom. For me, it doesn't have to be "The best console game to be published by Capcom". I'm more than happy to know that you think it's good. I won't be wasting my money when I buy it.

Playing through the first few levels yesterday. Good game design, though it's a bit linear. I can't remember how Devil May Cry 4 did it, but in 1/3 you could go to any part of the game in the majority of the levels so this is a bit of a disappointment. Combat still has issues, it's way to slow and they got rid of most of Dante's repetitive attacks. The only repetition I found was in his rebellion and they threw it to his stinger. They also made his stinger a pain in the ass to use and it's almost useless. I like what they did with the shifting levels through limbo though, the way it looks, the way it breaks etc. I ultimately feel Capcom should have just made the combo system and have Ninja Theory do everything else. As an aside I find it ironic that most people will give Capcom hell for essentially doing to Resident Evil what Ninja Theory did with Devil May Cry. DMC is a linear, dumbed down Devil May Cry and it's getting mad praise. Resident Evil 5/6 is linear with enhanced shooting mechanics and it gets bashed to hell. I can understand the "It's not survival horror anymore", but then again Resident Evil games were never scary to begin with. DMC completely shits over Dante's character and it's praised for it...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm gonna stop here.

As you wish.

I'm not sure how many of these individuals played the previous DMC games, but as for myself I started with the first game, and I think this game is a great successor to the series. The Son of Sparda and DMD modes feature remixed enemy formations and aggression.

The combat is no way dumbed down, if anything it goes deeper into the mechanics. This what people were doing with just the demo of the game:

Anyway thats not really the issue I have. The issue I have is that DMC4 was leading the franchise nowhere, I'm not sure if these people consider the alternaitve. More boring backtracking adventures with Nero and Kyrie, terrible platforming and poor camera control. I think Capcom and Ninja Theory have brought a lot to the table; and so do a lot of other gamers, the leaderboads for this game show that a lot of players are going very deep into the combat.

No it isn't.

Dragon's Dogma & Monster Hunter Tri.

Nuff said.

spaceguy said:
disolitude said:

I'm going to go with a yes. Played a few hours of it today and its freekin awesome.

As far as i recall their game lineup, after Street Fighter IV not a single worthwhile new game came from Capcom, developed in house or externally, until DmC. (portable games excluded).

I guess Dead Rising 2 was decent, cosidering it was outsorced to Canadians. :P

OK I bought it and think it is pretty good. Thanks for the update. Go get Deadspace 3

Lol, great. I'm happy I was spared a public cursing in a different language...