By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is DmC the best console game to be published by Capcom in the last few years?

Is DmC the best console game to be released by Capcom in the last few years?

Yes 56 26.67%

No 124 59.05%

I don't care. I hate Emo! 30 14.29%

Total:210

http://dmc-is-bad.tumblr.com/post/39269026644

Around the Network
disolitude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:
No. Street Fighter 4 brough a resurgence of the fighting genre, that is no doubt their biggest achievement of the latest years.

This man already spread my word.

I still play Street Fighter 4 til this day.

Street Fighter is and always will be Capcoms bread and butter. DMC looks like its on its way to being up the in the ranks though.

I will openly admit that Street Fighter 4 is brilliant, especially considering the series root and current trends of casual gaming meets hardcore titles meetscinematic presentation. 

However one thing that I really hate about it is the animations for the super moves. It totally kills the flow to a fight which can be super intense...however here comes a 30 second cinematic of facial closeups and colorful effects, for the sake of...I don't know what. I can go get a soda during this time...

Also it feels like a downgrade in terms of gameplay from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, but thats my problem for being awesome. :)

The cinematics are awesome!  I remember when Street Fighter 4 was out in Japan, an arcade in Richmond Hill had it (You know 404 and Highway 7 area).  Guy using Honda vs guy using Ken.  It was crazy Ken started charging his ultra combo, and as he was about to attack, Honda charged for his ultra.  Everyone there was like "Oohhhhh.   OOOOOOOH!" needless to say Honda's ultra went through and the guy won.  Without those animations it would have been less epic.

outlawauron said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:
No. Street Fighter 4 brough a resurgence of the fighting genre, that is no doubt their biggest achievement of the latest years.

Vomit everywhere.

It's more fun win you have friends to play with, something you will never understand. Me and mm used to play a lot last year. He was such a newb lol.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Dragon's Dogma is great too. It's a shame most people didn't give it a try.

darkknightkryta said:
disolitude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:

Street Fighter is and always will be Capcoms bread and butter. DMC looks like its on its way to being up the in the ranks though.

I will openly admit that Street Fighter 4 is brilliant, especially considering the series root and current trends of casual gaming meets hardcore titles meetscinematic presentation. 

However one thing that I really hate about it is the animations for the super moves. It totally kills the flow to a fight which can be super intense...however here comes a 30 second cinematic of facial closeups and colorful effects, for the sake of...I don't know what. I can go get a soda during this time...

Also it feels like a downgrade in terms of gameplay from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, but thats my problem for being awesome. :)

The cinematics are awesome!  I remember when Street Fighter 4 was out in Japan, an arcade in Richmond Hill had it (You know 404 and Highway 7 area).  Guy using Honda vs guy using Ken.  It was crazy Ken started charging his ultra combo, and as he was about to attack, Honda charged for his ultra.  Everyone there was like "Oohhhhh.   OOOOOOOH!" needless to say Honda's ultra went through and the guy won.  Without those animations it would have been less epic.

I don't know whats epic or less epic for people watching but I find that as a gamer the fight looses a lot of steam when a pause like that occurs.

Where in Street Fighter 3 3rd strike, you would get people to awe at your amazing parry lands in to combo lands in to super move skills... In SF4 all you do is double fireball + trigger and everyone around you goes nuts. It's such a shallow feeling knowing that you did jack shit and now game plays itself for 15 seconds.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:

Vomit everywhere.

It's more fun win you have friends to play with, something you will never understand. Me and mm used to play a lot last year. He was such a newb lol.

The only times I've ever played SF4 was with other people.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

disolitude said:
darkknightkryta said:
disolitude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:

I don't know whats epic or less epic for people watching but I find that as a gamer the fight looses a lot of steam when a pause like that occurs.

Where in Street Fighter 3 3rd strike, you would get people to awe at your amazing parry lands in to combo lands in to super move skills... In SF4 all you do is double fireball + trigger and everyone around you goes nuts. It's such a shallow feeling knowing that you did jack shit and now game plays itself for 15 seconds.

I guess it was the thrill.  They both inputted their ultras near the same time so when Ken was doing his Ultra one was expecting Honda to do his and overtake.

Byrand said:
http://dmc-is-bad.tumblr.com/post/39269026644

After playing and beating DmC, that is one of the worst articles I have ever read reviewing the game. They lied about the difficulty, when there are multiple extra difficulty settings to be unlocked after the first playthrough. They are just pissed because the game is more accessible to a broader audience. The gameplay has not been abandoned, but is actually more complex and can lead to more combos. The problem is with the SSS meter, which should be graded on style rather than hit detection. Dante is going through a metamorphosis and will be evolving over time as he did in the game. I am sure his hair will grow and his character will get deeper and more exciting over a span of time. Complaining about thirty frames per second when its barely noticable is not flattering. The animations run more fluid than the old DMC's. 

I also don't know where they got the idea that Rising is a spin off. the Devs already admitted the story is cannon after MGS4 after denying it had cannon connections at all. 

I just want capcom to make megaman legends 3

I dunno I quite liked RE6 even though no one else did.