By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is DmC the best console game to be published by Capcom in the last few years?

Is DmC the best console game to be released by Capcom in the last few years?

Yes 56 26.67%

No 124 59.05%

I don't care. I hate Emo! 30 14.29%

Total:210
A203D said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

the major transition this game has taken has absolutely NOTHING to do with difficulty, but rather mechanics tweaks.

You are so wrong coupled with your ignorance, i find it patronizing.

I'm gonna stop here.

As you wish.

I'm not sure how many of these individuals played the previous DMC games, but as for myself I started with the first game, and I think this game is a great successor to the series. The Son of Sparda and DMD modes feature remixed enemy formations and aggression.

The combat is no way dumbed down, if anything it goes deeper into the mechanics. This what people were doing with just the demo of the game:

Anyway thats not really the issue I have. The issue I have is that DMC4 was leading the franchise nowhere, I'm not sure if these people consider the alternaitve. More boring backtracking adventures with Nero and Kyrie, terrible platforming and poor camera control. I think Capcom and Ninja Theory have brought a lot to the table; and so do a lot of other gamers, the leaderboads for this game show that a lot of players are going very deep into the combat.

I am not so sure whether they've played it myself. The game is a great sign of things to come in future versions, but they need to fix that lock on mechanic for combo variation. The generalized the auto play feature but leaves the combos all in the hands of the gamer. For all those who love to bitch about the old Dante his retro skin is in the game, so even though Ninja Theory took a shot at the old complaining fanboys its hard to say they werent thinking about them either. This story finally makes sense, and who cares if its a demonic conspirarcy theory game? A lot of the top games are conspiracy theory games. You're right though the mechanics are deeper and ultimately more accessible. I agree with you on what you've said about DMC4, that game wasnt that great. I am glad the series is now being turned around and this game is evidence of that turn around.