By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is DmC the best console game to be published by Capcom in the last few years?

Is DmC the best console game to be released by Capcom in the last few years?

Yes 56 26.67%

No 124 59.05%

I don't care. I hate Emo! 30 14.29%

Total:210
disolitude said:
leatherhat said:
Its just another in the long line of terrible capcom sequels. It completely shits all over the devil may cry franchise too.

That's just crazy talk.

I rarely stand games that are poorly made. For example MGR demo is poor...I won't be going anywhere near it.

But DmC really isn't terrible in any way. Level design is stellar, character design and story is interesting and gameplay is what it is... May not satisy the DMC purists but its very good at its own merit. 

1. Specific weapons for specific enemies (gone are the heavy weapon switching combos of  the originals)

2. Boring enemy design and bad boss battles (interrupted by cutscenes)

3.Easy to build combo meter that doesn't let you build the level of satisfaction you got in the originals

4. Its EASY, the cardinal sin of action games 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
disolitude said:
leatherhat said:
Its just another in the long line of terrible capcom sequels. It completely shits all over the devil may cry franchise too.

That's just crazy talk.

I rarely stand games that are poorly made. For example MGR demo is poor...I won't be going anywhere near it.

But DmC really isn't terrible in any way. Level design is stellar, character design and story is interesting and gameplay is what it is... May not satisy the DMC purists but its very good at its own merit. 

1. Specific weapons for specific enemies (gone are the heavy weapon switching combos of  the originals)

2. Boring enemy design and bad boss battles (interrupted by cutscenes)

3.Easy to build combo meter that doesn't let you build the level of satisfaction you got in the originals

4. Its EASY, the cardinal sin of action games 

If EASY is a cardinal sin, then Fable is the king of sinners.

Capcom gets a bad wrap these days, but they always get something good out and they started out 2013 really well. Not sure if I'd say best, but DMC is definitely up there.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
disolitude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hatmoza said:
Nem said:
No. Street Fighter 4 brough a resurgence of the fighting genre, that is no doubt their biggest achievement of the latest years.

This man already spread my word.

I still play Street Fighter 4 til this day.

Street Fighter is and always will be Capcoms bread and butter. DMC looks like its on its way to being up the in the ranks though.

I will openly admit that Street Fighter 4 is brilliant, especially considering the series root and current trends of casual gaming meets hardcore titles meetscinematic presentation. 

However one thing that I really hate about it is the animations for the super moves. It totally kills the flow to a fight which can be super intense...however here comes a 30 second cinematic of facial closeups and colorful effects, for the sake of...I don't know what. I can go get a soda during this time...

Also it feels like a downgrade in terms of gameplay from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, but thats my problem for being awesome. :)

LOL Street Fighter 4 was sick, but it will Third Strike scared off the noobs. I am sorry, that game was just too hardcore, like KOF hard.

I know. It's my fault for working in a call center and doing the graveyard shift when absolutely no one would call back in 2003-2004. They had an xbox in the office, and internet connection and SF3 Third strike online edition. Hence I spent most of that time learning to play street fighter 3 lol...

i might be in the minority but both dead rising games are my favorite crapcom games this gen (i have yet to play any monster hunter)

Around the Network

Are we talking about the new DMC? If so, no way. His hair is not bleach white! That ruins the series, guys!

Dragon's Dogma and Gods Eater !!
I think i know what's the point of this thread: Capcom did buried Resident Evil!

I think that Capcom has drawn a lot of ire from internet posters with their various DLC approaches, but as far as game quality, I think that they've done a rather impressive job this generation. So far I think that the DMC reboot is great, but my favorite Capcom game from this generation is Street Fighter IV (coming from someone who also enjoyed 3rd Strike), although I understand that the OP meant since SFIV.

I think that SFIV has helped the fighting game genre continue its relevance in the gaming market this generation (along with a few other franchises), and it is responsible for the the Evolution tournament to grow to such an extent in recent years.  While I'm more of a 3D fighting game fan (i.e., Virtua Fighter and Tekken), I still recognize SFIV's impact this generation.

Other noteworthy titles include Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising, and the Monster Hunter Portable games. Hell, I even like some of their more mixed received games like Resident Evil 5, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Lost Planet.

hatmoza said:
Nem said:
No. Street Fighter 4 brough a resurgence of the fighting genre, that is no doubt their biggest achievement of the latest years.

This man already spread my word.

I still play Street Fighter 4 til this day.

Vomit everywhere.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

disolitude said:

I'm going to go with a yes. Played a few hours of it today and its freekin awesome.

As far as i recall their game lineup, after Street Fighter IV not a single worthwhile new game came from Capcom, developed in house or externally, until DmC. (portable games excluded).

I guess Dead Rising 2 was decent, cosidering it was outsorced to Canadians. :P

I heard this from a few friends too. So I should go pick this up and come back and vote. I will be mad if it sucks. I'm going to post on your wall non-stop in spanish so you don't even understand what I'm saying. When really it will be the best recipe for chicken noodle the world has ever known. You won't even know. Now thats some punishment. LOL