By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today's Nintendo Direct completely changed my mind on Wii U

Have your opinions on Wii U changed?

Yes I wasn't interested ... 109 21.37%

I already loved Wii U and... 298 58.43%

No I'm still not interes... 71 13.92%

Still undecided on the console 31 6.08%

Total:509
Wander_ said:

Now they don't have shit to announce at E3 all of you guys who went ape shit today will criticize them for not showing anything new at E3.

And yes my opinion has changed.

They didn't show Mario 3D (which we all knew they making), Mario Kart U, New Zelda (which we all know they making), New Smash (which we all know they making).

They also didn't show Retro Studios next game... which is likely a Metroid game

The Zelda Wind Waker re-master is coming out Fall 2013. The Virtual Console stuff already started releasing with the 30 cents Balloon Fight.

I think now was the right time to release the info... and I hope they continue to use Nintendo Direct for such things rather than wait for E3 necessarily.

Around the Network

I don't really care if the Wii U won't sell as many units as Wii. Nothing to gain there for me. Not a stock holder and in fact individual stocks are too volatile for amateur investors but that is another topic.

All i know is i haven't been interested in a Nintendo "home" console for long time (nes/snes). So seeing all these announcements, a somewhat conventional controller with two analog sticks and trigger buttons is a joy for me. There are games that worked well with Wii's motion controls but lot of games you found on HD consoles would just feel awkward to me using motion controls.  

They are bringing the games and seem to be caring for people who care about video games. I could really see myself picking a Wii U and supporting them for that. It is just a matter of when and seeing what Sony/Microsoft have to offer.

Exited to also get Wii U mini *exclusive to Canada* sometime in the future.

riderz13371 said:
Play4Fun said:
riderz13371 said:
Lol doesn't matter what they show at E3 you guys. 2 brand new next gen consoles...you think anything Nintendo shows will outshine the PS4 or Xbox 720? I highly doubt it.

3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Retro's game, Bayonetta 2, more about MonolithSoft's game, that crossover game, and whatever else they'll have. Yeah, Nintendo has basically nothing for E3.

Sure the other will be unvieling new consoles, but Nintendo will be showing off a wave of second gen software. They aren't at any disadvantage so lol to you too.

When did I say they have nothing? Please enlighten me. I said due to the next gen consoles being showcased at the next E3 it is very unlikely that Nintendo will even cause a blimp on the radar. Now this is me speculating but if Sony and Microsoft bring out the big guns and announce titles such as Killzone 4 and Forza Motorsport 5 for the next gen systems (plus many other games) I highly doubt people will be paying the most attention to Nintendo.

It won't cause a blimp on YOUR radar.

A game like Smash Bros or 3D Mario is just as big if not bigger than Killzone or Forza and that's a fact.

Software is king at E3 and Nintendo is going to be bringing a whole lot of it on full playable display since this is WiiU's second E3.

In your world, Nintendo's first party may be nothing compared to MS and Sony's new consoles and next gen game trailers and such, but in the real world they will cause quite a stir regardless of what their competitors are doing.

Play4Fun said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
oh em gee i had no idea they would make a mario Kart for the WiiU!

no but seriously the non core are happy which is good. they still haven't announced a huge game changer for it to take off like Wii1 did but there is lots to time and its selling good for now

Yeah, the 'non-core'

*Rolls eyes*

I was supposed to put just 'core' but iPads autocorrect everything. 

Rolls eyes

Areym said:
Play4Fun said:
riderz13371 said:
Lol doesn't matter what they show at E3 you guys. 2 brand new next gen consoles...you think anything Nintendo shows will outshine the PS4 or Xbox 720? I highly doubt it.

3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Retro's game, Bayonetta 2, more about MonolithSoft's game, that crossover game, and whatever else they'll have. Yeah, Nintendo has basically nothing for E3.

Sure the other will be unvieling new consoles, but Nintendo will be showing off a wave of second gen software. They aren't at any disadvantage so lol to you too.

If Nintendo couldn't win last years E3 with their new console, what makes you think they will now? (ASSUMING Sony and MS show their new stuff)

You're right, Nintendo is not at a disadvantages but I think they lost a bit of that "wow" or "omg" factor.

Nintendo's problem last E3 was the software.

They're gearing up not to repeat that same mistake this E3.

Like I said, software is king at E3.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
aikohualda said:
Wander_ said:

Everybody got mad at Sony when they showed gameplay without any new announcement at E3 2012.

wonderbook? LOL ok not the best presentation...

i dont think people will get mad seeing another 3d mario even if was announced months before e3... and dont re assure that they wont show anything new on e3... they didnt announce any new ip or third party games today... well except for codename:x

New ip/Ninetndo Don't match at all.

it is very unlikely to announce a new ip on a direct.... they usually do it in conventions so people can try it there.

most new ips are announce that way...

After the "Nintendo x Atlus" revelation, I can't imagine the others collaborations Nintendo have in mind and is working on right now.

Can't wait to know.

That was a good direct, still awkward as hell, but good. I don't understand why Iwata is hosting those, but at least he had more to show off this time. Nintendo is finally playing ball with the competition, offering online functions, digital games, HD remasters, gaming collaborations. It is looking good for Nintendo. It seems they just rode the wave last gen and fell on their face towards the end. Great to see them getting back into the mix.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

riderz13371 said:
Play4Fun said:
riderz13371 said:

When did I say they have nothing? Please enlighten me. I said due to the next gen consoles being showcased at the next E3 it is very unlikely that Nintendo will even cause a blimp on the radar. Now this is me speculating but if Sony and Microsoft bring out the big guns and announce titles such as Killzone 4 and Forza Motorsport 5 for the next gen systems (plus many other games) I highly doubt people will be paying the most attention to Nintendo.

lol, suree two brand new consoles are tooo much to handle... especially with RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEER!!!!!i

but talking serious now, nintendo knows whats comming this E3, they must have something to keep people interested

Voted for the "i loved nintendo"

I knew Wii U would bring great games but i thought that Nintendo got too secretive at the wrong time.
As much as i think that Wii U`s line-up is great, is not so much for those who already own a PS3 or Xbox 360 who already have most of the games or can buy it a lor cheaper, which left Nintendo pretty much with ZombiU and Mario to sell the console. But even then, a similar title is already out for 3DS and that takes something away from NSMB U.

January and February having only a few games is really nothing new for any console just released. The problem is that it followed an empty catalog for those who seem to be buying the console.

This ND shows that Nintendo is getting ready to really support Wii U from March onwards and as Iwata said, we still have 3rd party games to look for.