By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So are we allowed to make troll threads now?

I don't know......it seems there's a clear difference between the reviews. Rol and Galaki even said they hadn't played the game(s), which kind of makes it hard to have a meaningful opinion.....much less an unbiased one. I think people are just overlooking that the tone of the the two unlocked reviews are quite different from the locked review, and they are much more clearly labeled as parodies. For instance, just look at how the reviews start:

"I want to start off this review by making it clear that I am not a fanboy. I am as unbiased as a person can possibly be."

"First, how is this unbiased? Well, I have not played either game, so, my observation is completely unbiased."

compared to:
"Disappointing in so many ways. Did not live up to it's predecessors one little bit, so un-original. Online is glitchy as fuck."

Even if these posts were exactly the same, as someone mentioned, a lot of the variation in moderation is probably just do to the difference in moderators. There are rules in place, but the mods have some discretion at their disposal in terms of how they interpret the context of the situation. Anybody who has ever been pulled over for speeding or knows someone who has been pulled over knows what I mean......police officers have discretionary power, so there is a large level of variation in how people are punished......needless to mention the variation in punishments within the court system. Truth is, objective application of the rules is pretty difficult, particularly because you can't anticipate every possible situation that will arise.

Around the Network

Well, I thought the most funny thread recently was pokokos: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=153302
But nobody mentioned and advertised it. Probably because it didn't mocked the unbiased-thingy.

And to all who say something like 'If not everyones laughs it is not funny': that means nothing is funny. A forum without fun wouldn't be very exciting for me. But I think that wise man was right, who once said: Gaming is serious business, you should not have fun with it!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

lol I just used 3 similar threads that got moderated differently. Why are some locked and others are not is my main question.

Mnementh said:
Well, I thought the most funny thread recently was pokokos: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=153302
But nobody mentioned and advertised it. Probably because it didn't mocked the unbiased-thingy.

And to all who say something like 'If not everyones laughs it is not funny': that means nothing is funny. A forum without fun wouldn't be very exciting for me. But I think that wise man was right, who once said: Gaming is serious business, you should not have fun with it!

It's "it's not funny unless everyone is laughing" and I think you misinterpreted this quote. Its meaning is that if for example someone makes a joke about another person and then everyone but that person is laughing, it's not funny. You are laughing at that persons expense. Obviously it doesn't mean everyone in the world has to be laughing -.-.

JayWood2010 said:
lol I just used 3 similar threads that got moderated differently. Why are some locked and others are not is my main question.

Dude seriously where did the mods go 0.0, Kantor was here and then he just stopped replying to people and now it seems as if every mod is avoiding this thread.

Around the Network

I have never understood the need to put down games/consoles that you're not a fan of. And some of these posters who post these troll threads just come across as plain mean. It's almost like they are trying too hard to come across as funny because they are known to be the funny person on VGChartz. 

Strong people don't put others down. They lift them up. 

Be respectful to other people's choice of games/console. And be happy for them when their favourite console/game does well on the sales chart. 

We forget that the person we're being mean to online has feelings, and is a very real person just like you and me. Being mean to someone online is the same as being mean to a person you meet in person. 

What we need more in this world, and in this forum is more love. I just wish I can hug everyone here who's angry and having a bad day to make them feel better.
I know I sound really naggy so I'm going to stop here and share a song for everyone to chill to. 

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

NiKKoM said:
VGKing said:
RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
ManBearPig thread is pure trolling. He deserved that ban.

Galaki thread is sarcasm and an obvious joke thread.

Rol thread is trolling. He should have gotten banned for that. Took it too far.

Yeah, I get that Galaki's thread was an obvious joke. It was easy to tell, because the Sony game came out on top.

No offense but your thread crossed the line. It's actually pretty much the same as ManBearPIgs thread. Who cares if you didn't start a flame war that shouldn't be the basis for moderations. If at least 1 person took offense from it then I think the mods should respond. I wonder if you at least got a warning for that thread....at least unofficial.

LMAO you're the guy who made that "MS will be third next gen" thread and now you complain about troll threads? My my...

That's not a troll thread dude. I'm not bashing Microsoft or anything XBox. I'm not even saying "PS3 iz better". 
Just because the thread is a negative one about Microsoft, doens't mean its trolling. There is a difference. If you feel otherwise then report the thread and let the mods handle it.

riderz13371 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
If it's even slightly a criticism of Nintendo it's trolling.

If it's anti-Sony it's flaming.

If it's anti-Nintendo it's a permaban

If it's pro-Microsoft it's trolling, flaming and a permaban.

I've noticed this the most (of course not a perm ban but it's more likely for you to get banned if you say anything bad about Nintendo).

the only bias is in the posters in the thread.  If you are in a thread that, for example, is saying something about nintendo, and as such has a lot of nintendo fans in it, and you go and say something negative about nintendo.  Guess what, you are much more likely to get reported because most of the people in the thread are nintendo fans and they won't like what you say.  

The mods on this site are not everywhere at once, they most respond to reports.  If you are getting modded for stuff you have said, you can generally bet it has been reported by at least a couple different users...

The lack of more than one mod here is......ummm, what did Kowen say...messy, yeah that's it, messy.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Maybe if you start them with "I'm super cereal here" followed by a lengthy, extensive plea for your case.

Be sure to include such gems as "now hear me out" and "I just want somebody in the world to take me cereal just for once!"