By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft could end up in 3rd place next-gen

Isn't Kinect 2.0 rumored to have its own processor?

Around the Network

I think MS has a much better chance of winning next gen than they did this current one.

Ideally I would love an approx 33% split market share between the three. It's asking a lot but who knows,

One thing I am learning a lot these days is that the future is getting less predictable. A lot of external influences can affect the outcome of who comes out top dog.

i predict 720 to pull ahead of WiiU but wont pull ahead of PS4, WiiU will be 3rd

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

justinian said:
I think MS has a much better chance of winning next gen than they did this current one.

Ideally I would love an approx 33% split market share between the three. It's asking a lot but who knows,

One thing I am learning a lot these days is that the future is getting less predictable. A lot of external influences can affect the outcome of who comes out top dog.

I would say this generation is the closest we'll ever get to an even market share. It's pretty amazing how close all 3 consoles will end up to eachother.

VGKing said:
JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
JayWood2010 said:
If you ever want to know why I get aggravated with people on this site, this is why. There is hundreds of rumors flying around and we dont know if a single one is true. Half say the NeXbox is more powerful than ps4 and then the others say PS4 is. Most likely they will be similar but we dont know a single thing about either one so speculation should be left out until we see kinect 2.0 and the NeXbox. Same goes to PS4. I could make a thread saying why people may not want the PS4 off of things ive heard as well. Wait until we get official announcements before making these type of threads instead of picking one rumor out of the 100s that we see every day

Please read the post. This is about more than just power. I'm not saying the next Xbox is underpowered. That is the least of their problems.

I did read the post.  Things I disagree with too.   First you are talking about rumors and power of the console.  Then you go on to say Microsoft is cocky on the success of kinect and that core gamers are pissed.  WRONG! I would say that they are preparing for next gen with core games, after we keep hearing about things they are working on.  Theyve even been building studios up for this, looking at Black Tusk Studios.  They will most likely take the same strategy as of last gen.  Competitive price and buy a lot of exclusives early in the gen for core gamers.  But hey you can ignore that.  You can also ignore the fact that sony didnt necessarily deliver last year with the PS3 or Vita either.  What did they have?  Liberation and Sony All Stars?  Nothing to brag about.  This year is better with God of War and Last of Us but my point is they havent been pumping games out either.  Why?  Because most likely they are both preparing for next gen, and I actualyl find it to be a huge mistake that Last of Us and Beyond is not PS4 titles as they would benifit more from that.  

EDIT:  Also from rumors Sony will have some kind of gimmick as well driving the price up.  You also ignore that.  It's like you just picked one rumor to make an argument out of.

Sony has been puming out new IP. 2012 was proof of that All-Stars, LBP Karting, Gravity Rush, Starhawk...etc. I see dedication to the core gamer right there.

I did hear about that rumor about a touchscreen controller for PS4, but from what I understand this will be much more like the Ouya controller than the Wii U gamepad. Call me crazy but I don't see touchscreen as a gimmick. Maybe back in 2006.....

And how successful was those games.  Halo 4 outsold all of them combined.  And I dont care if it isnt a gimmick, it will still drive the price up since that was your point with this thread.  Wait until official statements before these kinds of threads.  This thread was poorly done and ignores so much it isnt funny.  Dont bring up new ip's from sony btw when very few [people care about them in the first place.  Not to mention how poorly recieved those games was.  They havent been pumping out games.  2012 was a horrible year for sony in the gaming market and to say otherwise makes you look even worst in my opinion.  Ill flat out tell you when something didnt do good and gaming in general last year from an exclusive stand point was bad from every single console.  Halo 4 was the only big exclusive for the HD twins.  WiiU had a few and 3DS had Kid Icarus and a few others.  Vita had nothing that was big.  Persona 4 is an amazing game but it isnt big either.  

EDIT: Forgot about Forza Horizon.  Not as big but still a big hitter even if it is a brach off.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
I would say there is a 33% chance Microsoft will be 3rd next gen.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

XBox is the new Wii

also

Roma said:

dammit

does it make sense to say I read that in her its voice if it didn't have a voice??

I guess he created this thread to troll or something because his whole argument is useless at this point.

brendude13 said:
justinian said:

I would say this generation is the closest we'll ever get to an even market share. It's pretty amazing how close all 3 consoles will end up to eachother.

I know, and that's why it's been such an good gen. I didn't really like the "monopoly" Sony had last gen and hoped for a closer race. I pretty much got my wish.

Anyway the last thing I want is another run away winner. I am not mentally tied to any of the companies involved like so many others.

As someone who have a love for the industry I want all three to do well.

I don't care if MS or whoever comes last as long as it is a relatively closely fought contest. That's why I have some worries regarding the wii u current sales but it's a long way to go yet and until all three systems are on the market for a while we won't know the situation.

Xbox3 will easly win the next generation. People already have tablets so they are not hyped for the WiiU controler and Sony has ruined PS brand with the bad exclusives released in 2012.