By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ni No Kuni is here who's playing

wolfofthepack said:
how much hrs in are some of u guys/

14 hours so far and I just left Ding Dong Dell.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
wolfofthepack said:

is that what the first city is called in the english translation  ? because I just left that one

Lafiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
wolfofthepack said:

is that what the first city is called in the english translation  ? because I just left that one

y dont u get the english version?

I bought it, played a few hours. It's pretty damn amazing.

wolfofthepack said:

because I want to learn japanese and that's more fun if you do it while playing a great game ;)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
wolfofthepack said:

Yes, that is correct.

I have a habit of trying to accomplish EVERYTHING before I move on to the next place. I am a VERY slow JRPG gamer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lafiel said:
wolfofthepack said:

because I want to learn japanese and that's more fun if you do it while playing a great game ;)

I'm sure you know but just in case you don't. Be careful if you're using the translation to check for meanings or words.

A lot of times, when they localize it. they change phrases, names, even meanings etc. Sometimes certain phrases directly translated sound akward so they make it "cooler", and sometimes because there's just no direct translation so they make up a new one :P.

Euphoria14 said:

Yes, that is correct.

I have a habit of trying to accomplish EVERYTHING before I move on to the next place. I am a VERY slow JRPG gamer.

I did all the sidequests I could find before leaving aswell :).

ishiki said:

I'm sure you know but just in case you don't. Be careful if you're using the translation to check for meanings or words.

A lot of times, when they localize it they change phrases, names etc. Sometimes certain phrases directly translated sound akward so they make it "cooler", and sometimes because there's just no direct translation so they make up a new one :P.

hehe, yea, I'm only trusting my own translation ;)

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
It's still in the mail for me T_T hope I get it soon....

Just heard back from customer service. They said it'll be shipping soon and I'll get an email from them when it does. Here's to hoping.

Good luck, I got an email last night saying my order was canceled. And this is with a pending charget still sitting on my card for 2 days. Namco fucked up the launch royally and alot of ppl are having their orders straight up canceled. Digital River has been giving different answers to everyone who calls as well so they have been pretty much useless.

docholliday said:
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
It's still in the mail for me T_T hope I get it soon....

Just heard back from customer service. They said it'll be shipping soon and I'll get an email from them when it does. Here's to hoping.

Good luck, I got an email last night saying my order was canceled. And this is with a pending charget still sitting on my card for 2 days. Namco fucked up the launch royally and alot of ppl are having their orders straight up canceled. Digital River has been giving different answers to everyone who calls as well so they have been pretty much useless.

I just got an email that my copy shipped. So hopefully get it by monday.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.