By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [Unofficial Rumour] World Exclusive: Durango unveiled

Whatever happened to posting (rumor) in the thread title so you don't waste people time?

Around the Network

And the chip CPU + GPU will be small... less than 250mm^2.

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1696598&postcount=19329

By the way, this is not going to be more than 250 mm^2, in my opinion.
- 8xJaguar: ~25 mm^2
- 4 MB cache: ~20 mm^2 *
- 32 MB ESRAM: ~20 mm^2 **
- GPU similar to Cape Verde: 123 mm^2
Difference in memory interface (256 bit versus 128 bit for Cape Verde): 20 mm^2 ***

This amounts to 208 mm^2. Even accounting for the remaining components and I don't see it exceeding 250 mm^2. Given the low cost of DDR3, the console is likely going to be pretty cheap.

* Rough estimate based on Trinity die, accounting for 32 nm to 28 nm transition)
** Assuming 1T-SRAM, scaling Wikipedia density at 45 nm to 28 nm
*** Rough estimate based on the 128-bit interface in the Trinity die, assuming the 128-bit GDDR5 interface is of similar size.

And not too strong.

Isn´t this pretty similar to previous leaks?

I´m starting to think a lot of that info is true.

...When will media realize esRAM fast than edRAM?esRAM is even expensive than edRAM,if it slower than edRAM and even GDDR5,why the fuck they will use it?

And the APU will be huge,not something only 250mm2 level

Another lame rumor

These are the same specs as on VG247 and some other sites. So I think this is more or less true. But then I think that the PS4 leaked specs will probably also be true which means that the PS4 will be at least 50% stronger in terms of raw power. the only difference is the software (OS), PS4 has 100GB blu-ray and the difference in RAM.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

Everything on here looks plenty strong to me other than the GPU specs.

They look alright but not as powerful as I hoped. Im loving the CPU and RAM but just hoping the GPU part is wrong

Durango will always be a car in my head. Hopefully, they'll use another name.

Signature goes here!

I've marked the title "Unofficial rumour" because that's what this is. It could all be pulled out of thin air.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Does it have crossfire support? Can it run eyefinity? Folding@home?

NiKKoM said:
ethomaz said:
NiKKoM said:
C'mon we need Dragon Ball references!

Remember me witch chars was choose for Wii U.

lol

So Picollo or Gohan before became Super Sayajin.