By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [Unofficial Rumour] World Exclusive: Durango unveiled

toadslayer72 said:
Scoobes said:
Just to throw a spanner in the works of all these rumours being leaked:

http://x-surface.tumblr.com/

Some choice quotes:

"At 1:41am GMT today I sent out an email to a bunch of gaming sites claiming to be a Microsoft employee working on the new Xbox.

I made up every single word of it along with a couple of specs copied from other rumours that have been appearing on the Internet."

"Pocket-Lint.com were the first to run with the news, almost exactly one hour after saying “we have to make an effort to validate”; two hours before I got the chance to reply. It was posted with zero validation, no fact-checking, no source information. Just a simple email basically saying “I work for Microsoft - believe me?”."

"At the time of writing, my fake news is appearing on major sites such as:

Yahoo

CNET

Gizmodo

Venturebeat

Tech Digest

VG247

NowGamer

And many more. This Google search shows the global reach this non-news has been getting over the past 6 hours (at the time of writing)."

That is great. I agree with those who pointed out how easy it is for these rumors to copy each other. I can't believe that people accept the fact that they are similar as some sort of confirmation. All of this bickering for what is likely a bunch of made up shit, the internet is awesome.

I'm sure some of it is true, but yeah, it needs to be treated for what it is... rumour.

And to be fair, the bickering can be fun