By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [Unofficial Rumour] World Exclusive: Durango unveiled

can anyone put a price on it? how much could/would it cost?

Around the Network

from what i have been reading it looks like its a 6x jump from wii u in real world performance, while the ps4 looks to be 9x.

KungKras said:
OK specs.

A good gaming PC today would blow it out of the water, but good none the less.

A "good" gaming PC these days will blow itself out of water when it comes to single screen gaming at 1080p. 

If you are gaming on a normal 60 hz 1080p monitor, for 95% of the games there is absolutely no difference between an intel i3 + 7950 and Intel i7 3930k + 7970 Crossfire except price.

One will do 50-70 fps while other will do 50-140 fps...but since the monitor can only show 60 fps without tearing...

Every once in a while there is a really poorly optimized game like Metro 2033 but most games are "maxed" with 800 dollars worth of PC gear on a single monitor.

as i don't fully understand what this means i've said it before and i'll say it again, no 4k 120fps = no buy, well see later this year.

disolitude said:
KungKras said:
OK specs.

A "good" gaming PC these days will blow itself out of water when it comes to single screen gaming at 1080p. 

If you are gaming on a normal 60 hz 1080p monitor, for 95% of the games there is absolutely no difference between an intel i3 + 7950 and Intel i7 3930k + 7970 Crossfire except price.

One will do 50-70 fps while other will do 50-140 fps...but since the monitor can only show 60 fps without tearing...

Every once in a while there is a really poorly optimized game like Metro 2033 but most games are "maxed" with 800 dollars worth of PC gear on a single monitor.

Pretty much.

The CPU and RAM in this seem plenty good enough.  As I said the only thing is I hope the GPU specs are slightly better.  Especially if MS plans on this being their main console for the next 7-8 years

Around the Network
Busted said:
as i don't fully understand what this means i've said it before and i'll say it again, no 4k 120fps = no buy, well see later this year.

Then it looks like you're not going to be buying a new console for another decade.

Soleron said:

Anyone with access to a real block diagram would be able to say the architecture and process node of the CPU and GPU (for example: 32nm Bulldozer or 28nm Jaguar? 40nm NI or 28nm SI?)

I'm calling fake, or at least no more knowledge than the other rumours. All the smaller blocks are the same thing yu'd find on a laptop - which is obvious, because the thing is basically a PC.

It's not even necessary. That diagram doesn't have any deep info about the architeture, is something simple and pretty logic.

BenVTrigger said:
disolitude said:
KungKras said:
OK specs.

Pretty much.

The CPU and RAM in this seem plenty good enough.  As I said the only thing is I hope the GPU specs are slightly better.  Especially if MS plans on this being their main console for the next 7-8 years

Even the GPU isn't too terrible. ~HD 7770 level of performance.

If Sony and Microsoft are listening, the console that offers me the ability to daisy chain 3 of them and run any game on 3 screens gets my money X 3.

Forza 3 and 4 can do it already as can GT5...so lets make this a universal feature. I don't care if it's 1080p, 720p, 4k...just want peripheral vision. 

So it seems like every new rumor is simply a rehash of the most current one.

disolitude said:
BenVTrigger said:
disolitude said:
KungKras said:
OK specs.

Pretty much.

Even the GPU isn't too terrible. ~HD 7770 level of performance.

If Sony and Microsoft are listening, the console that offers me the ability to daisy chain 3 of them and run any game on 3 screens gets my money X 3.

Forza 3 and 4 can do it already as can GT5...so lets make this a universal feature. I don't care if it's 1080p, 720p, 4k...just want peripheral vision. 

I can sure Durango GPU will be HD7850 or better level

superchunk said:
So it seems like every new rumor is simply a rehash of the most current one.

Yup

l