By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is "No More Heroes" SOLD OUT In Your Market?

Gamestops never carry much beyond pre-orders, you need to go to the big-box retailers that can actually order a bunch at once and let it sit around for awhile and just never re-order it.

Around the Network
DKII said:
Gamestops never carry much beyond pre-orders, you need to go to the big-box retailers that can actually order a bunch at once and let it sit around for awhile and just never re-order it.

This is a good point and one of the reasons why it makes more sense to go to Best Buy or Walmart to buy games than Gamestop.

Did anyone notice that BB actually advertised it in the circular this week? That was nice. They also said it would be "available" by 2 p.m., so I guess for some of your stores that doesn't count "being actually put on the shelf for public consumption".

Anyway, I got the 2nd-last one -- they were both hidden, unmarked, behind Pets 2. I corrected that.

Target didn't have theirs displayed yet. I'd guess WM/Target have them up today.

Yeah, I don't even attempt GS when a new game comes out. Or shop there ever, actually. The last time I broke down to try to get a new game was Super Paper -- had 7 on the cashier's shelf very prominently displayed, waiting 15 min through the line, and was told they were all pre-order. boycott'd.

Yeah, GS being sold out of a game is becoming the norm, as to capitalize on their profits, and break records every quarter, they only order the pre-orders and very little beyond that. More and more gamestops are over fifty percent used titles, which is sad.

Great news if the game sells that well in US alone.

In PAL territories we must wait for another month. Well we have Zack 'n' Wiki until then.

So if the game is saling so well it will be the first Suda game that sales more that 50k on each continent. The first was Killer7 and i want a sequel on that as well.

Bring on the Punk Suda we are waiting!!!

Around the Network

DMeisterJ,

I have to say I find it a little offensive you (for lack of a better term) "challenged" the validity of my post by suggesting that there were not 11+ Gamestops in my market. I spent over an hour on the phone looking for the game yesterday and just wondered if others had the same experience. My Walmart did not have it out yet, and I try to not shop at Best Buy unless there is no other option.

If I read your intentions wrong, I apologize, but it really felt like you were saying that Gamestop DIDN'T sell out of them. I had already mentioned that each store only got preorders plus a couple, and I was just not lucky enough to get one of the couple until try #11.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

They had 2 out at my Best Buy. Scored one. Didn't have to go anywhere else.

Funny thing was i got carded! That hasn't happened in a long time.

@ RadioioRobert

I was challenging your intentions. I just hadn't heard of anywhere with eleven Gamestop/EB Games in the vicinity, and was weird that you would travel to eleven gamestops looking for a game. That's all. Instead of calling eleven gamestops. But based off of where you live, I changed my tune.

Kasz216 said:
They had 2 out at my Best Buy. Scored one. Didn't have to go anywhere else.

Funny thing was i got carded! That hasn't happened in a long time.

Hahaha same here. I expect to get carded for alcohol now, but for a video game? It was strange.

DMeisterJ said:
@ RadioRobert

I found it easily at my gamestop

I'm more concerned that you have eleven GameStops around where you live, and it makes your story quite unbelievable. I've never been in an area with eleven gamestops, do you mind giving me your location?

Here in civilization, we have areas called "cities" where large, dense areas of commerce often occur.

Here's a map from one of those cities listing gamestops 151-160.  Yep, there are more than 160 in that area. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=new+york+city+gamestop&ie=UTF8&start=150&z=9&om=0