By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

Chandler said:

So that's why Sony sold their NY HQ. To moneyhat Capcom :D

That was good .

OP. MH series sold like cakes in PSP so it's not hard to expect Capcom to release it on Vita too... always more sales.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

+1

kowenicki said:
Seems unlikely.

But it would make zero different outside of Japan. The problems of the Vita arent only due to no monster hunter,

Well if the rumor is true (big if), that removes one big problem, im sure if MH can land on the vita, other 3rd parties will be more comfortable releasing their big titles for it, something I outlined last year and was mocked by.

kowenicki said:
Seems unlikely.

But it would make zero different outside of Japan. The problems of the Vita arent only due to no monster hunter,

Do you think a port for Vita is unlikely? For me is expected early or later ... just for Japan like you said.

With timed exclusive DLC in Europe!

Around the Network

Called it a year ago. MH was bound to come to Vita sooner or later. So the Vita's pretty much saved now?

I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Chandler said:

lmao.

I don't think MH4 will come to the Vita, and even if it comes the Vita is already being obfuscated by the 3DS, which has a larger userbase, so the 3DS version will probably have bigger sales what will make Capcom give up on future Vita games.

mh will not'save' the vita... don't know why that was argued. But it would be huge.

Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

It makes financial sense... a port selling 400-500k units is money in the Capcom's hands.