Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: MH4 is Vita bound

Chandler said:

So that's why Sony sold their NY HQ. To moneyhat Capcom :D

Good one XD

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
007BondAgent said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

By that logic, square enix shouldn't release final fantasy on the xbox, because it doesn't sell well

exactly! People on this site can be such hypocrites, its a cringe to be on here sometimes.

Welcome to the world of gamers, where arguments change on the fly when it suits the agenda.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Train wreck said:

So the logic that many Nintendo fans were using for the Wii back in the hey day about games like COD being ported and Activition not leaving money on the table does not apply for Sony consoles?  Why should the number of units matter if its pure profit for capcom because the 3DS version will sell well?

Not a good comparison... CoD sell less than 100k in Wii... MH will sell over 300k in Vita.

Train wreck said:
kowenicki said:
Seems unlikely.

But it would make zero different outside of Japan. The problems of the Vita arent only due to no monster hunter,

Well if the rumor is true (big if), that removes one big problem, im sure if MH can land on the vita, other 3rd parties will be more comfortable releasing their big titles for it, something I outlined last year and was mocked by.

Agree with you 100%. Monster Hunter may not be relevant outside Japan, but it will bring a couple of million more Vita owners for sure. Then, GTA for Europe, another couple of million and...Well, America is a hard one, since most americans hate Sony´s guts, maybe a second coming of Jesus could do the trick.

Anyways, 2 million more in Japan would be really nice.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

ethomaz said:

Train wreck said:

So the logic that many Nintendo fans were using for the Wii back in the hey day about games like COD being ported and Activition not leaving money on the table does not apply for Sony consoles?  Why should the number of units matter if its pure profit for capcom because the 3DS version will sell well?

Not a good comparison... CoD sell less than 100k in Wii... MH will sell over 300k in Vita.

back during the hey day a call of duty game would sell about 1.5m units on the Wii compared to 20 million+ on the ps360.  People back then would question Activitions release for it and the Nintenod fan would go out of their way to say "PURE PROFIT! PURE PROFIT!".  Fast forward to 2013, a rumor that Monster Hunter will return to a playstation portable, now we have people saying: userbases matter, doesnt make sense for capcom (even though a budget for a handheld game would be markedly less), the 3DS will outsell it anyway, I mean come on.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Train wreck said:
007BondAgent said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't think this rumor is accurate. It doesn't make financial sense to release it on the Vita right now, when it only has sold around one million units, compared to the 3DS's 10 million. If they do port it to it, it will probably just be a straight 3DS port with barely any graphical improvements. I don't think this will help the Vita much though, since its not an exclusive, so most people will get the 3DS version.

By that logic, square enix shouldn't release final fantasy on the xbox, because it doesn't sell well

exactly! People on this site can be such hypocrites, its a cringe to be on here sometimes.

Welcome to the world of gamers, where arguments change on the fly when it suits the agenda.

Gamers have an agenda? I thought we were just nerds having fun in an internet forum, you know, gaming, having fun... 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

ethomaz said:
gigantor21 said:
You mean the same Kotaku that reported that Versus XIII was cancelled right? Yeah, okay.

It's not Kotaku rumor... it's the japonse Game Lab magazine: http://jin115.com/archives/51925373.html

Oh, so someone else reported it first then. That makes it a bit more credible.

Honestly, I still don't think this will make a big difference at this point. If it's coming out on both systems, I don't see why people wouldn't buy for the cheaper handheld with more games, especially when they're 10x as likely to have a 3DS in Japan anyway. It would have to be paired with a price cut/new model to really change the dynamic much.

And no, that's not hypocrisy; that's common sense. The situation is not the same as the PSP's. I own a Vita and know that much.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Any1 up for a bet with this one? Game Lab also reported that Dragon Quest IX was PSP bound when it got delayed, yet it never happened. I say there will be no PSV version this year. I'm giving up like 1 year "I was wrong blabla in my sig, you know what I mean.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

why waist development costs on Vita when they can get all the fans on 3DS and earn more?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ethomaz said:

Train wreck said:

Not true; COD3, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, and World at War all sold over a million on Wii. Even MW3 sold over 500k.