By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai says Sony is on track for a comeback

I'm sure he does say that. He works for the company lol. With wiiu dead in the water soon after launnch, Sony and microsoft are going to continue this bloody battle for the next few years.

Around the Network

IT'S THE COMEBACK OF THE CENTURY!

ethomaz said:
VGhippy said:
I don't think the PS4 will have many games that can natively output in 4K. 4K resolution takes roughly 4 times the graphical power to output as 1080 and rought 8 times as much as 720.

A game running at 40fps at 1080 would only run at about 10fps at 4k.

4k is more to movies/video and some arcade PSN games.

Good point, that makes sense.

I read the book of Akio Morita the funder of sony he taalk about himself and sony and fron what i understand Sony wa big because of innovation not because of price.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Sony: innovation

Samsung: imitation

Around the Network

Perhaps I have become jaded, but I am nauseated by the amount of spinning that is going on here, and no I am not talking about Kaz's comments on the future prospects of his company. I am talking about the Sony fans on these forums. He has an excuse for what he is doing. The rest of you ought to know better by now. Sony has consistently failed to meet expectations for the better part of a decade. Over selling the future prospects of the company with the proof all of a month away.

Now that is just plain daring the other side to tan your ass, and the only thing that makes any sense to me. Is that many of you get off on the humiliation. Experience and self preservation alone should stop you from heading head long into this particular meat grinder. The fact that it hasn't can only mean that you get off on the pain, or the pain you know your encouragements are going to inflict upon others. Would anyone care to explain to me why you haven't learned after all of these years.

The contents of this interview aren't promising. He didn't say the company has returned to profitability. He said that he was basically micro managing his company, because he obviously doesn't trust his subordinates. While he apparently still intends to follow the failed television strategy that has bled the company for so many years. All the while betting on distant technologies that cannot render immediate relief. Then to top it off he showed off a waterproof cell phone. Seriously what market was out their demanding that feature.

Look I don't mind people being cautiously optimistic, but the guy is untried, untested, and unverified. Unlike his predecessor who was all of those things. We don't know whether he is doing a good job, or that the things he has done are in fact good, or that his strategy is the right one. Hell there are a lot of reasons to think that it isn't the right one, because it is basically a variation of what Stringer had done for years. With a much heavier emphasis on acquisitions which are funded by sales, and taking on greater debt.

Praise shouldn't just be given. It should be earned, and based upon performance. We will know how good or bad he is in thirty or forty days. Sure you can give him the benefit of the doubt, but the key word here is that there is doubt. I read too many factual statements about how great a corporate leader he is. It isn't like there have been a slew of people that have claimed he sucked. So why are there so many in this thread that have declared him to be a god among men.

Dodece said:
Perhaps I have become jaded, but I am nauseated by the amount of spinning that is going on here, and no I am not talking about Kaz's comments on the future prospects of his company. I am talking about the Sony fans on these forums. He has an excuse for what he is doing. The rest of you ought to know better by now. Sony has consistently failed to meet expectations for the better part of a decade. Over selling the future prospects of the company with the proof all of a month away.

Now that is just plain daring the other side to tan your ass, and the only thing that makes any sense to me. Is that many of you get off on the humiliation. Experience and self preservation alone should stop you from heading head long into this particular meat grinder. The fact that it hasn't can only mean that you get off on the pain, or the pain you know your encouragements are going to inflict upon others. Would anyone care to explain to me why you haven't learned after all of these years.

The contents of this interview aren't promising. He didn't say the company has returned to profitability. He said that he was basically micro managing his company, because he obviously doesn't trust his subordinates. While he apparently still intends to follow the failed television strategy that has bled the company for so many years. All the while betting on distant technologies that cannot render immediate relief. Then to top it off he showed off a waterproof cell phone. Seriously what market was out their demanding that feature.

Look I don't mind people being cautiously optimistic, but the guy is untried, untested, and unverified. Unlike his predecessor who was all of those things. We don't know whether he is doing a good job, or that the things he has done are in fact good, or that his strategy is the right one. Hell there are a lot of reasons to think that it isn't the right one, because it is basically a variation of what Stringer had done for years. With a much heavier emphasis on acquisitions which are funded by sales, and taking on greater debt.

Praise shouldn't just be given. It should be earned, and based upon performance. We will know how good or bad he is in thirty or forty days. Sure you can give him the benefit of the doubt, but the key word here is that there is doubt. I read too many factual statements about how great a corporate leader he is. It isn't like there have been a slew of people that have claimed he sucked. So why are there so many in this thread that have declared him to be a god among men.

If Sony created a shot that cured cancer you'd create five evenly sized paragraphs to complain about the size of the needle.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Its nice to see sony on a come back they must lower the cost of there tvs or sell there tv line.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

sounds good

I'm glad they are going to eaze up on the TV division a bit

pezus said:

"I'm shepherding several of those projects personally myself to make sure that it doesn't get held up in the bureaucracy, or it doesn't suddenly fade away in the approval process," he said at Tokyo headquarters.

You are our shepherd Kaz, we are your followers.LEAD US.