By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai says Sony is on track for a comeback

bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
I think this pretty much confirms that PS4 won't play games in 4K... I've seen believers around here!

me to, every romur that says PS4 will play 4K is just nonsense to me, maybe it will have 4k output to play movies and such but i still dont believe it

Yeah, maybe 4k for movies, but that's a big maybe... that would mean extra costs, money Sony could and should spend on other things; like getting better specs or something else...

exactly, also couldnt they just add a 4k output later on in the life cycle? i mean nobody would use it now, maybe in 3~4 years they could just make a new model and add 4K output right? im talking techinically 

Here you go: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5039894

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
I think this pretty much confirms that PS4 won't play games in 4K... I've seen believers around here!

me to, every romur that says PS4 will play 4K is just nonsense to me, maybe it will have 4k output to play movies and such but i still dont believe it

Yeah, maybe 4k for movies, but that's a big maybe... that would mean extra costs, money Sony could and should spend on other things; like getting better specs or something else...

exactly, also couldnt they just add a 4k output later on in the life cycle? i mean nobody would use it now, maybe in 3~4 years they could just make a new model and add 4K output right? im talking techinically 

haha no need to give me the link i read his post before i even read yours

Kaz has got what it takes 2 turn Sony around, hes got a plan and hes sticking with it, im very optimistic now that he is the new CEO. It might take a while but Sony is going 2 make a epic come back, and as for everyone saying a 600+ priced PS4? lol seriously people time 2 wake up and come back from fairy land.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:

haha man you're fast as lightning ^^ pretty good answer though

DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:

ohh im fast baby

Around the Network

4k 2d arcade games would look awesome so even if that would be the only games who could run in 4k it would be something.

bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:

ohh im fast baby

couldn't resist it :D

PScollector said:

Kaz has got what it takes 2 turn Sony around, hes got a plan and hes sticking with it, im very optimistic now that he is the new CEO. It might take a while but Sony is going 2 make a epic come back, and as for everyone saying a 600+ priced PS4? lol seriously people time 2 wake up and come back from fairy land.

The problem wasn't $600 for a pS3, but the fact they were losing $200(real cost at $800) each PS3 due to blu-ray drive. If they make another $600 console where they profit at least $50 per console($500-$550 production cost), they won't have problem as they did to PS3, blu-ray is far from being an issue now, drivers are very cheap now.

In 2006, PS3's BD cost $250+, Cell cost $90 and RSX cost $130, BD was a big issue.

crissindahouse said:

4k 2d arcade games would look awesome so even if that would be the only games who could run in 4k it would be something.

I think the focus right now, as far as graphics are concerned, should be to make 1080p at 60fps the minimum standard.

Hynad said:
crissindahouse said:

I think the focus right now, as far as graphics are concerned, should be to make 1080p at 60fps the minimum standard.

1080p 60fps won't be standard if we can believe carmack or did you mean for arcade games?