By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai says Sony is on track for a comeback

bananaking21 said:
so when is there Q4 earnings report coming out?

March

OT: CES left me optimistic of Sonys future.here's hoping for the best.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I think this pretty much confirms that PS4 won't play games in 4K... I've seen believers around here!

me to, every romur that says PS4 will play 4K is just nonsense to me, maybe it will have 4k output to play movies and such but i still dont believe it

pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
What else is he going to say? Sony is done for and everyone should just abandon ship while they still can?

Why exactly would he say that? 

I was mocking the title, "Hirai says Sony is on track for a comeback" what else should say?

bonkers555 said:
pezus said:

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/495d344a0d10421e9baa8ee77029cfbd/Article_2013-01-17-AS-Japan-Sony/id-ee8359e423ae47978a2c2103e0bc3048

Hirai said Sony will target customers willing to pay more and won't get sucked into a price war.

Ok then, a $999 PS4 is coming.

he was talking about the tv bussines in that comment

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
I think this pretty much confirms that PS4 won't play games in 4K... I've seen believers around here!

How does this confirm that? o.O

I do not believe many people think it'll be able to play 4k games though...only 4k movies and videos

Than why did they show Gran Turismo in 4k ?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bananaking21 said:
so when is there Q4 earnings report coming out?

March

OT: CES left me optimistic of Sonys future.here's hoping for the best.

march? why so late? that would be like in the end of q1

A CEO can say many things... To understand what chances they have to make a comeback you have to observe market trends and current leaders in the industry.

When you look at current market trends...it's not hard to see that Sony as we all know it is pretty screwed. Especially when the Chinese companies get a foothold in electronics and hardware worldwide, which will happen in the next few years, Sony will have a very hard time competing.

They can make a comeback but it will be through something else or as a different kind of company. Their gaming division is one of the few bright spots they have left (movie studio and music label is the other). Hopefully they are able to leverage that in to a cohesive ecosystem for their products...

pezus said:
Wander_ said:
pezus said:

How does this confirm that? o.O I do not believe many people think it'll be able to play 4k games though...only 4k movies and videos

Than why did they show Gran Turismo in 4k ?

Using multiple PS3s? Hmm maybe they will have some games able to do that...like PS3 Full HD Collections or PS2 HD collections

They will use 4k only on their blockbuster exclusives like Ucharted,God of War,Gran Turismo....etc. You can't invest in such a thing without using it.

NintendoPie said:
The changes that Hirai has made were pretty great. They really needed some of those changes as whole or else they would really be struggling.

nothing great by firing ten thousand work force

ZaneWane said:
NintendoPie said:
The changes that Hirai has made were pretty great. They really needed some of those changes as whole or else they would really be struggling.

nothing great by firing ten thousand work force

Yes, that's a great idea. When you can't afford to have that many people working for you you must fire them or the company could go under. It's sad to see employee's getting fired, I agree, but Sony pretty much needed to.