By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai says Sony is on track for a comeback

crissindahouse said:
Hynad said:
crissindahouse said:

4k 2d arcade games would look awesome so even if that would be the only games who could run in 4k it would be something.

I think the focus right now, as far as graphics are concerned, should be to make 1080p at 60fps the minimum standard.

1080p 60fps won't be standard if we can believe carmack or did you mean for arcade games?

I'm not saying it will be standard. I'm saying they should make it the target. Not just for arcade games.

It's like after all this time, they haven't even yet understood how great of an impact on the eyes those 2 factors play when deciding if a game is beautiful or not.

Yeah, lighting, texture quality, draw distance, etc... It's all good. But when things are plagued with aliasing issues and choppy frame rate, among other graphical issues, the eyes pick them up.  But when a game runs flawlessly at 60 fps and looks crisp, it's always pleasing to the eyes. Even if the rest of the engine isn't overly graphically complex.

At least, that's my observation. And I started noticing it back then when I played games like Tobal 2.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:

haha man you're fast as lightning ^^ pretty good answer though

ohh im fast baby

couldn't resist it :D

if im cumming its RIGHT ON TIME!!!

Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, maybe 4k for movies, but that's a big maybe... that would mean extra costs, money Sony could and should spend on other things; like getting better specs or something else...

The means to send a 4K signal isn't really expensive. Which means that making the console capable of pushing 4K resolution wouldn't be that big a deal. Many PCs can do it already. What costs a lot is the DISPLAY necessary to make it all happen.

Then why are 4k TV's too damn expensive $25k.

Wander_ said:
Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, maybe 4k for movies, but that's a big maybe... that would mean extra costs, money Sony could and should spend on other things; like getting better specs or something else...

The means to send a 4K signal isn't really expensive. Which means that making the console capable of pushing 4K resolution wouldn't be that big a deal. Many PCs can do it already. What costs a lot is the DISPLAY necessary to make it all happen.

crissindahouse said:
Wander_ said:
Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

I call bull****

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

You fail at reading comprehension, am I right?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bananaking21 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bananaking21 said:
so when is there Q4 earnings report coming out?

March

OT: CES left me optimistic of Sonys future.here's hoping for the best.

march? why so late? that would be like in the end of q1

not sure mate. it's end of March i think, but it usualy is in March.

Its early february.

Hynad said:
crissindahouse said:
Wander_ said:
Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

do you mean me? i bolded it for him

crissindahouse said:
Hynad said:
crissindahouse said:
Wander_ said:
Hynad said:
DanneSandin said:

do you mean me? i bolded it for him

I meant him. I edited my post. Somehow, the forums bugged on me...

Hynad said:

I meant him. I edited my post. Somehow, the forums bugged on me...

haha yeah saw that.