By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that the generation is all but over, which console won YOUR heart?

Your choice?

Wii 118 23.65%

PS3 227 45.49%

360 128 25.65%

None of the above 26 5.21%

Total:499

PS3 drew me back into console gaming after a few years of PC-dom (inorite, the opposite of what everyone else is doing). It also reignited my interest in Sony after it had dwindled a little during the PS2 years. Which also seems to be the opposite of everyone else.

But yeah, PS3. Wii was a slight disappointment for me, I actually liked my Gamecube better. The games I do have for Wii are absolute masterpieces, but there weren't enough of them to sustain my interest. Haven't owned a 360 for a long enough period to judge on that, really. When I borrowed my friend's 360 for a few months, it seemed like a solid enough console with a good library, though.

Around the Network

1) Nintendo DS
2) PS3
3) Wii
4) PSP
5) Xbox 360

Definitely 360 for me followed by PS3 but surprisingly I got back into gaming on PC after it became a lot more 'console' gamer friendly over the years. Had a Wii but sold it despite it having great games like SMG & SMG2.

started out with Wii then bought 360 but Wii wins as it has the better games

Wii for me

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

360 had me this entire gen with a few titles hear and their I wanted on PS3.

Around the Network

PS3 won my heart right after 360 did.

So much for lack of 360 fans on the site.

Dat Triple.

trent44 said:

PSP won my heart this generation.

I though the PSP was pointless in 2004, and I finally bought one on a whim in 2007 when I was leaving on a long trip.

I got about 6 games or so for it, and only played it a few weeks, then it went back on my shelf and collected dust.

It wasn't until 2010, that I was putting together some gameplay videos and decided to go back and reseach games from dozens of systems (1985 to present).

When I looked at the PSP game list I was like, wtf, when did it get a mountain of great games?!

I went on Amazon.com and was amazed to see most PSP games selling for less than $10 each.

So, I bought dozens and dozens of PSP games over night and had a full backlog, which has grown many times over and I am still buried in.

Afterwards, I found out about PSP's amazing sleep mode (still the best thing ever) and T.V. out and was even more enthralled; this little handheld I though of as a vacation novelty was actually the game system I could have only dreamed of.

I eventually bought a 2200 mAh battery since I played so much.

And, I have probably around 110 PSP games on my shelf right now. Probably my favorite console ever, especially since it can play PSOne Classics. :D

Enjoyed reading that, you're awesome!

PS3 for me
Nothing even came close to its exclusives and diversity of the system. It beat the PS1 and now sits as my all time favourite system!

PS3
PS1
PS2
Xbox 1
PSVita
PSP
GameCube
Wii
Xbox 360