By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that the generation is all but over, which console won YOUR heart?

Your choice?

Wii 118 23.65%

PS3 227 45.49%

360 128 25.65%

None of the above 26 5.21%

Total:499

Wii is the only console ive bought

Around the Network
pezus said:

Topic title says it all really, but just in case: Which of the big 3 (PS3/360/Wii - PC doesn't count!) was your favourite/most played console this generation? Was it the big, powerful PS3; the tiny but innovative Wii or the versatile 360?

Some explanation for your choice(s) is appreciated, but please leave sales, profits and stuff like that out of the thread (unless they directly impact your enjoyment of the console, then I guess you can discuss them).

None of them. Tons of missed opportunities to do things that truly could have evolved games as we know them. Instead we get a minor evolution of the XBOX / PS2 era, a motion control idea that was barely a cool idea for a second then vanished, and the birth of AAA dominance which has regurgitated the same safe idea's to the same "Core" audience. The only great things to come out of this generation were indy titles, and a handful of retro throwbacks...As a matter of fact the majority of my owned titles are downloads of either PS1 games, PS2 games, side scroller run n guns, and what have you. I don't know what it is, but the upcoming generation is more exciting to me and not because of the mainstream consoles, but becaues of the ones aimed at indy developers.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Well since i was already a fan of Playstation and Nintendo then I'd say 360 because it was the only one i was unsure of before this gen

NintendoPie said:
brendude13 said:
Playstation 3.

Great games, both exclusive and multiplatform, great UI, powerful hardware and free online where I can play with all my friends. It was worth every penny I spent as a 12 year old.

I remember when I had to save every penny and trade in so many things just to get the Wii... such good times.

Luckily I got the Wii as a Christmas present, I wouldn't have had the money for both.

Miguel_Zorro said:
I disagree with the premise. The generation isn't over, or close to over. 2013 will be the PS3's best year from a games perspective. On the exclusives side, they have:

- The Last of Us
- God of War
- Ni No Kuni
- Agent

The XBox 360 has another Gears of War game coming out. Perhaps 360 fans can list off the other big releases this year

Then, check out these multiplats:
- Bioshock Infinite
- Dead Space 3
- Crysis 3
- Tomb Raider
- GTA V
- Metal Gear Rising
- Splinter Cell

This will be the best year of this generation.

I can't believe how many games are still to come.

Don't forget Final Fantasy Versus XIII and The Last Guardian...ok, maybe not.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Luckily I got the Wii as a Christmas present, I wouldn't have had the money for both.

I don't think my parents ever bought me a Home Console for Christmas. I always got Handhelds though!

Over? Anyway PS3.

I bought a 360 at launch, same with PS3.

I used the PS3 primarily for watching blu-rays in the beginning, until my first RROD. Then I started buying multiplats for ps3 (first repair took 6 weeks). After the second RROD I didn't renew Xbox Live anymore and just left the fragile 360 for exclusives. In 2007 I moved to a new house which banished the 360 from the living room since I have no lan there. Anyway ps3 was getting the games by then so I never looked back.

PS3 > Wii > 360 at the end of the gen.
PS3 can play blu-rays and all my camera formats without the need for conversion and has uncompressed sound. It would have won eventually anyway, RROD and lack of wifi just sped up the process.

ps3 hands down. back in 2006 I got an xbox 360 only because of price. the whole time i was like cant wait to get a ps3. got one in 2009 sold the 360 and was so pleased with that. havnt looked back even slightly

PSP won my heart this generation.

I though the PSP was pointless in 2004, and I finally bought one on a whim in 2007 when I was leaving on a long trip.

I got about 6 games or so for it, and only played it a few weeks, then it went back on my shelf and collected dust.

It wasn't until 2010, that I was putting together some gameplay videos and decided to go back and reseach games from dozens of systems (1985 to present).

When I looked at the PSP game list I was like, wtf, when did it get a mountain of great games?!

I went on Amazon.com and was amazed to see most PSP games selling for less than $10 each.

So, I bought dozens and dozens of PSP games over night and had a full backlog, which has grown many times over and I am still buried in.

Afterwards, I found out about PSP's amazing sleep mode (still the best thing ever) and T.V. out and was even more enthralled; this little handheld I though of as a vacation novelty was actually the game system I could have only dreamed of.

I eventually bought a 2200 mAh battery since I played so much.

And, I have probably around 110 PSP games on my shelf right now. Probably my favorite console ever, especially since it can play PSOne Classics. :D