By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that the generation is all but over, which console won YOUR heart?

Your choice?

Wii 118 23.65%

PS3 227 45.49%

360 128 25.65%

None of the above 26 5.21%

Total:499
pezus said:
disolitude said:
Wii won my heart...the little engine that could.

360 won my money though.

Was it truly the Wii or Wii emulation?

I wouldn't say emulation won my heart...if anything Dolphin Wii Emulation won my penis over.

Around the Network

Easily the Wii in the first half of this gen. However, after 2010 Nintendo pretty much dropped all support for the system and things got pretty boring. The lack of HD support really hurt things as well, since the games looked really blurry and dated on my HDTV. So.. PC to the rescue again.

However, if I can finally get my Wiimote to sync correctly with my PC, the Wii could rise again!

pezus said:

Topic title says it all really, but just in case: Which of the big 3 (PS3/360/Wii - PC doesn't count!) was your favourite/most played console this generation? Was it the big, powerful PS3; the tiny but innovative Wii or the versatile 360?

Some explanation for your choice(s) is appreciated, but please leave sales, profits and stuff like that out of the thread (unless they directly impact your enjoyment of the console, then I guess you can discuss them).

@underlined: You finally learned your lesson

OT: It's a close battle between the Wii and the PS3. The later Wii years tarnished the good memories of the early years but objectively I think I'd have to give the edge to the Wii since it features more games that became all time favorites.

Signature goes here!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Wander_ said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Xbox 360.

Spent far more time on this console than anything else. Halo, Perfect Dark (Zero and the remake), Kameo, Left 4 Dead (exclusive since PC doesn't count :P ), Banjo-Kazooie remakes and multi platform titles made it my clear console of choice.

Perfect Dark ???? Man that game sucked soooo bad ...............No offense.

Not sure why I would be offended by being aware of your opinion on a video game... But yeah, I strongly disagree with you. The original Perfect Dark is a masterpiece while Perfect Dark Zero has some painful flaws. Overall I found PDZ's solo - and multiplayer modes highly enjoyable though. Especially the 32 player infection mode.

Perfect Dark sucks ass? Lawls

I am not even going to comment. w.e

The only one I bought; the Wii.

Around the Network

Wii. Lots of hidden gems that no one talks about on that system. Good times from bloody beat em ups like NMH, to epic adventures like Skyward Sword. Got 20 solid games for it, and can't wait to get more when I get a Wii U.

Now, overall system this Gen? DS easily. That thing had so many good games that I lost count of how much I had.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

The mighty PS3.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

brendude13 said:
Playstation 3.

Great games, both exclusive and multiplatform, great UI, powerful hardware and free online where I can play with all my friends. It was worth every penny I spent as a 12 year old.

I remember when I had to save every penny and trade in so many things just to get the Wii... such good times.

PS3 then Wii. There are still some games I wish to get for the Wii, so maybe after I play them they will be equal for me. As it stands, the PS3 is the clear victor for me because there were games that interested me every year. The Wii not so much. It had great games, sure. But it wasn't enough to pick up the slack from all those sluggish years the Wii had seen.

I don't know if any of them won my heart as much as I would like, but I did enjoy this generation very much. I picked up a Wii first and reaaallly enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy. Possibly my fondest memory of gaming this gen with it's absolutely outstanding graphics, music, inovation and tradition. Spent a lot of time playing with friends enjoying games like WarioWare, WiiSports and NSMBWii too. And RE4Wii was very good. But in time motion controls wore on me - especially the waggle shake which added nothing to the game - and once I bought a large HDTV the graphics looked soooo dated. So I moved on.

When it came down to 360 or PS3 it was mostly a matter of price. The PS3 was still much more expensive than the the XBox and the content - especially when FFXIII and GTA4 were announced for both systems - was similar. Halo, Fable and Bioware games also intrigued me more than Resistance, Ratchet or anything else offered. So I picked up an XBox360 and my Wii soon became a little used relic of SD days gone bye. I've enjoyed the 360 and Fable2, Dragon Age1 and Mass Effect have given me hours of enjoyment. Arkham Asylum was epic. I don't know if I was ever smitten with the 360 like I had been in the past with SNES, PS2 or XBox1, but it did get used a lot. For me this past gen was really like two generations split down the middle between Wii and 360 with about equal use. Wii was picked up again a little at the end with the release of Skyward Sword and Last Story, but it still feels dated. I don't know if 360 ever gave me the initial smiles that the Wii did when it was hooked up, but it was used more.

I have yet to play a PS3 though I may eventually get one. The new white model is especially tempting. I think if I had one I would enjoy it as much as the 360, especially with Bioware games now multiplat.

I guess I'll say a slight edge to Wii as my system of the generation. The odd controls, the variety of games, it was the console that made gaming seem fresh...even though it seemed old once I arrived in HD land. It was the one I had the most fun with friends, even though those days seem a long time ago now with its early death. 360 was certainly a solid soldier too.