By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to Consolidate Hardware Development

VGKing said:

Or maybe they're just pointing out the truth? No, its not the next Virtual Boy, but these sales are pretty bad and they haven't even stabalized yet.

The Wii U hasn't even been out for 3 Months yet... no one can make that accurate of a prediction.

Around the Network

I can't help but thinking 'so what?' or 'why is this important?'. Don't companies do stuff like this all the time? Isn't this just a part of business? I would hate to see people's reactions if Nintendo was to close or stop using a factory then start using another somewhere else because it was cheaper to do so.

I would say it more looks like long term planning by Nintendo, and I say good for them. Now they should also consolidate more of their software developers to bring fresh or different ideas.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

I would've assume they were already doing that, unless what that does mean is that in the future there will be only one Nintendo device per generation.

I have said before that we will see a merging of the home console and portable console. I was thinking the gen after next, but it is possible that this move means that it will be next generation. There will probably a small device that connects to the TV, and the portable will stream video to the TV via that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I haven't read any posts besides OP, but I'm pretty sure this means that Nintendo is doomed right?

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
I have said before that we will see a merging of the home console and portable console. I was thinking the gen after next, but it is possible that this move means that it will be next generation. There will probably a small device that connects to the TV, and the portable will stream video to the TV via that.

So....like the Nvidia handheld?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
theRepublic said:

Pretty much. I suspect this feature is also going to become popular with tablets and smartphones and Smart TVs in the next few years too, wireless transmission of a video signal from the tablet/phone to the TV. 

JWeinCom said:
I haven't read any posts besides OP, but I'm pretty sure this means that Nintendo is doomed right?

No.  Nikkei rarely reports Nintendo news.  It was front page...but it turns out to be old news made new.  

Otakumegane said:
theRepublic said:

Something like that I guess.  I have only skimmed a few articles on it.

I do think that you have to connect a wire directly between the Nvidia and TV.  I think Nintendo would keep it wireless.  Just a small box that connects to the TV, and the controller streams video to box.  Sort of like if you put most of the Wii U "guts" in the controller, and then shrank the box down.  I'm thinking smaller than the Wii.  Possibly move completely away from discs.  Go to small cartridges like for the DS and 3DS.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Otakumegane said:
theRepublic said:

Something like that I guess.  I have only skimmed a few articles on it.

I do think that you have to connect a wire directly between the Nvidia and TV.  I think Nintendo would keep it wireless.  Just a small box that connects to the TV, and the controller streams video to box.  Sort of like if you put most of the Wii U "guts" in the controller, and then shrank the box down.  I'm thinking smaller than the Wii.  Possibly move completely away from discs.  Go to small cartridges like for the DS and 3DS.

Now I'm thinking that the WiiU might have possibly been an experement to see how the concept would work so they could implement it full-force in the future. Same with the 3DS-WiiU connection Miyamoto's working on. My god what's gonna be in store for us?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)