By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter at it again; 'Next-Gen Consoles Will Be Better Than The Wii U'

sethnintendo said:

So next gen CoD matters the most in being the best according to Pachter.  Sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing the video game industry crash again.

While people will disagree with me, I think Call of Duty (and first person shooters in general) may be far less important in the next generation as it was in the previous generation ...

I don't know what the cause is but I have noticed that the biggest franchises and genres tend to become much less important from one generation to the next, and a smaller but still popular genre tends to replace them as the most important games. I don't know what would replace them ATM but I wouldn't be surprised if western RPGs or MMO games replaced FPS as the most important genre.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
sethnintendo said:

So next gen CoD matters the most in being the best according to Pachter.  Sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing the video game industry crash again.

While people will disagree with me, I think Call of Duty (and first person shooters in general) may be far less important in the next generation as it was in the previous generation ...

I don't know what the cause is but I have noticed that the biggest franchises and genres tend to become much less important from one generation to the next, and a smaller but still popular genre tends to replace them as the most important games. I don't know what would replace them ATM but I wouldn't be surprised if western RPGs or MMO games replaced FPS as the most important genre.

Maybe GT and Forza will replace it. Or the Elder Scrolls series, we have already seen it sell more with each iteration. lol i hope that won't be it though i would much rather it to be the Fallout serie or Final Fantasy, good ones nothing like that XIII-2 / XIII-3 shit  -_- 

HappySqurriel said:
sethnintendo said:

I suppose you are right.  The dominant genres tend to switch from generation to generation.

8 bit - platformers/side scrollers, RPG

16 bit - platformers, RPG, fighting and beat them up

32/64 bit - 3D platformers, RPG, fighting

PS2, xbox, GC - FPS, RPG, 3D platformers

PS3, 360, Wii - FPS, 2D/3D platformers, local multiplayer fun? (Wii Sports, dance games, mini games)

I'm sure my list isn't the most accurate but I tried.

Pachter keeps getting better and better. Once again he is spot on with his predictions.

I am still shocked that Nintendo released a new console as powerfull as the two old ones from sony and MS. I was watching close the WiiU unveil and was excited about the possibility of having a new and more powerfull console, like when I stopped playing my PS2 and bought a Xbox360.

When people said that the games look worst than a PS3 game, I was very disappointed. I remember the early Xbox360 titles, they looked much better than the Ps2 ones, even the early ones.

So, I was out of luck againg with Nintendo, I simply realised that, AGAIN, the new Nintendo hardware wasn´t for me. This is not a troll comment, is the truth of how I felt. 

I felt like when I was a kid and my dad said: "Hey, son, dad is going to buy a new car". I waited and then he gets home with a even worst car than the one we had before. Not a big deal, but a disapointment for sure.

I always did my gaming on consoles, I always will. I respect the PC gamers, it is just not my thing. So, I will buy the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft IF, AND ONLY IF, they blow my mind in terms of what they can do. I don´t care about price, I work real hard and pay the thing anyways. Game is the only aspect of life when I want nothing but the best, as many other nerds do. We cannot have the best cars, they cost millions. We cannot have the best girls, they, let´s face it, are priceless. We can´t even live in the best places, also cost millions. But, in game, for 400, 500 dollars we can have the best of the best, and live in a different and amazing world. That´s how I felt when I bought my PS3: Valkiria Chronicles ans Uncharted 2 were my first games, I will never forget.

I am looking foward to the next gen, but, sadlly, the WIIU is NOT the thing I am looking foward to.

No disrespect to WIIU owners, I am only being sincere, that is just how I fell.

Also, I am a brazillian living in Brazil, I learned english by myself playing games and watching mvies, so, please forgive my poor english skills.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

By the time the PS4 and NextBox come out, the PC will have been better than them for a number of years.

He's right about the CoD crowd. They aren't going to move to WiiU now unless it's version becomes much superior than current gen versions (which it's not significantly) and certainly won't when WiiU is getting downports of superior versions from next-gen consoles.

Until Nintendo can somehow convince the CoD/Halo fanbase to buy Wii Us, the comments like comparing G+ and facebook are valid. Especially with the comparison he's using. There's nothing wrong with G+, it's well made. Just no one uses it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Next-gen analysts will be better than Michael Pachter.

WagnerPaiva said:

I am still shocked that Nintendo released a new console as powerfull as the two old ones from sony and MS. I was watching close the WiiU unveil and was excited about the possibility of having a new and more powerfull console, like when I stopped playing my PS2 and bought a Xbox360.

When people said that the games look worst than a PS3 game, I was very disappointed. I remember the early Xbox360 titles, they looked much better than the Ps2 ones, even the early ones.

So, I was out of luck againg with Nintendo, I simply realised that, AGAIN, the new Nintendo hardware wasn´t for me. This is not a troll comment, is the truth of how I felt. 

I felt like when I was a kid and my dad said: "Hey, son, dad is going to buy a new car". I waited and then he gets home with a even worst car than the one we had before. Not a big deal, but a disapointment for sure.

I always did my gaming on consoles, I always will. I respect the PC gamers, it is just not my thing. So, I will buy the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft IF, AND ONLY IF, they blow my mind in terms of what they can do. I don´t care about price, I work real hard and pay the thing anyways. Game is the only aspect of life when I want nothing but the best, as many other nerds do. We cannot have the best cars, they cost millions. We cannot have the best girls, they, let´s face it, are priceless. We can´t even live in the best places, also cost millions. But, in game, for 400, 500 dollars we can have the best of the best, and live in a different and amazing world. That´s how I felt when I bought my PS3: Valkiria Chronicles ans Uncharted 2 were my first games, I will never forget.

I am looking foward to the next gen, but, sadlly, the WIIU is NOT the thing I am looking foward to.

No disrespect to WIIU owners, I am only being sincere, that is just how I fell.

Also, I am a brazillian living in Brazil, I learned english by myself playing games and watching mvies, so, please forgive my poor english skills.

Welcome to the website and your english is not bad, lol i often see posters with american and english backgrounds having poor english skills... so ;)