By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter at it again; 'Next-Gen Consoles Will Be Better Than The Wii U'

Somini said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is kind of a "duh " moment. They are being released a year or more after the WiiU. Of course Sony and Microsoft will make them better.

I wonder what kind of consequences such a thing will have? I mean let's assume the PS4 and the nextbox are indeed 'better' and will sell much better than the Wii U. What will Nintendo do if their consoles fails to capture the attention of people after let's say an agressive price cut and new games. What if Nintendo gave up on the Wii U and released and new consoles 3 to 4 years from now. At that moment the consoles from Sony and Microsoft will be only 2 or 3 years old. Will that screw things up for the PS4 and the nextbox?

no... the only ones that got screwed, were the Wii U owners...
did that means that we would have a new gen and PS4 and XB720 will be last gen with just 2 years old?

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:

I always did my gaming on consoles, I always will. I respect the PC gamers, it is just not my thing. So, I will buy the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft IF, AND ONLY IF, they blow my mind in terms of what they can do. I don´t care about price, I work real hard and pay the thing anyways. Game is the only aspect of life when I want nothing but the best, as many other nerds do. We cannot have the best cars, they cost millions. We cannot have the best girls, they, let´s face it, are priceless. We can´t even live in the best places, also cost millions. But, in game, for 400, 500 dollars we can have the best of the best, and live in a different and amazing world.

What might be best for you might not be best for someone else.  Everyone has different tastes.  Some just prefer Nintendo published games over any other company.  If you don't like Nintendo games then that is fine but there are plenty of others that do.

This guy is a moron.

“Nobody in their right mind would buy a Wii U and say ‘I’m going to play Call Of Duty’. That’s like saying ‘I gave up Facebook, and it’s Google+ now’.”

I want COD on wii u. I didnt buy bops2 for it because i pre ordered on x360. I dont think anyone was execting bops2 to sell amazingly considering wii u just launched. Most people buying wii u already have other systems.

I wonder where this guy gets his logic from. Does he have a 12 yr old at home and gets all the ideas from him/her? All his predictions are either obvious or childish.

I am really getting sick of these analysts about Nintendo and its doom. Shit they said the same thing about the 3ds and look how that turned out.The wii u is more powerful then the 360 and ps3. Good god the system just came out, give the developers some time. It was the same thing when the 360 and ps3 came out. Now look how good the games look.

Around the Network

All rumors point to both the PS4 and Nextbox being more powerful by Wii U by a decent margin so it's not a crazy prediction.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

GianCarmen said:
I am really getting sick of these analysts about Nintendo and its doom. Shit they said the same thing about the 3ds and look how that turned out.The wii u is more powerful then the 360 and ps3. Good god the system just came out, give the developers some time. It was the same thing when the 360 and ps3 came out. Now look how good the games look.

3DS will never reach the success of the DS in NA and Europe, the only place it's doing huge DS numbers is Japan and this is after the huge price cut, before that it was gloomy in NA. 

By the time the Wii U games look good (I'd argue NSMB already looks good), the new systems' games will look so much better that Wii U will be considered last gen in graphics like the Wii was in this generation. 

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

You are right NSMB looks great as is but just imagine how a mario galaxy type of game will look like. I really dont think the graphics will blow away the wii u. Yea those systems will be a lot better graphic wise. Its exciting to see Nintendo games finally in HD and they will look amazing.

I read these quotes from Pachter over a month ago... this article is really lagging.

Secondly, first the Wii U has to get better than the current gen (X360 and PS3) before it has a shot at being better than Xbox-Next and PS4

That being said, the Xbox-Next and PS4 will also have their hands full proving themselves to be better than the current gen (X360 and PS3)

Make no mistake... the X360 and PS3 are freaking awesome!!! and just being new or more powerful isn't good enough to be considered better. The new generation consoles are going to have to catch up on content and services first.

Michael Pachter?

Didn't he say that Wii U would sell out for weeks after launch, eventually reaching 6-7 million consoles sold in March 2013?

Didn't he also say that PS Vita would eventually outshine the 3DS sales-wise?

Yeah, he seems like a credible predictor. Let us all trust his judgement.