By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 12th January (updated with front page numbers)

crissindahouse said:

they are never really final, just look the thread of kowenicki two weeks ago (or was it mbp?), he also had to change the numbers and he used frontpage numbers.

True enough.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

50k weeks are reserved for consoles that are nearing their end, kinda amazing.

VGKing said:
Mnementh said:
dsgrue3 said:
Wii U - LOL, and people think that will sell over 50m units????

People said the same for PS3.

Wii U is no PS3.

agree. PS3 seemed ahead of its time. wii u is opposite.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Conegamer said:
Mnementh said:
Where did you get the numbers from, if they aren't on the homepage yet?

Number subtractions/additions, though arguably these are just from adjustments. It's Monday, numbers are out Friday at the earliest.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I've only been here for a few months, but I've never seen the numbers so early.

That being said, if these are correct it's an ugly week for the Wii U. There's no spinning those numbers.

You can spin that 720 and PS4 are selling way worse by comparison lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

@Solidsnake Yep and still behind its competition.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

nobody should be surprised about the wii u. it was obvious what was going to happen to it. but its still early and they have a head start so its not impossible to turn it around. 11k in europe has gotta be wrong. that low?

Judging by the fact that Nintendo Land isn't in the top 40 in the UK, and the bottom of the charts are 1-1.5k, it's safe to say the Wii U sold 2k or less there last week.  VGC shows the UK as 15.9% of Wii U EU sales last week and 21.2% overall.  If we assume the Wii U did 2k in the UK (it could potentially be lower), then EU sales would be 9.4-12.6k using those percentages.  Even if the 11k figure is wrong, at the very best I wouldn't expect more than 15k.

phenom08 said:
@Solidsnake Yep and still behind its competition.

Its funny you quote someone in your sig trying to mock them when they will be right in the end.

If these numbers can be trusted, I should update my WiiU vs. Last gen thread. See you later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

@Train wreck How is he right lol? And I have a question for you. Which one of the nextgen home consoles will sell the most next year if the others are released this year? Will PS4, Nextbox, or WiiU sell the most in 2014? We can make a little bet, since you believe WiiU is gamecube 2.

The ps3 had a couple 50k weeks early on, but that's with only two main territories (and the damn thing was $500+). The Wii U is achieving it; sooner and with one more main territory.

The Payroll tax increasing and debt hangovers from the holidays are not going to help any of these systems anytime soon, value is going to win out and that is where the Wii U and Vita are going to lose.