By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How big does the PSVita price drop need to be?

tbone51 said:
Here's your price cut

http://m.target.com/p/playstation-vita-lego-batman-2-bundle-playstation-vita/-/A-14277759

Does it come with a memory card?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Yes 4 gig memory

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

The 3G version needs to be discontinued and the wifi version should be $199 or less.

snyps said:
Its already selling at a loss. Then they can't cut the price.

The system doesn't do anything unique enough to warrant a purchase. And it's market is folks that wanna look cool while they sit by them selves and play on it in public. A very small market.

I wonder what patcher has to say about THEM APPLES!!!!

That's not true. While the exec did say it wasn't profitable just on hardware, he did say that as a business, it was profitable day 1....this means that it's profitable with likely a game and memory card, and that was over a year ago.

Mensrea said:
I think that the Vita needs God of War, Grand Turismo, and Grand Theft Auto. If those games can't do it with a price drop, then the Vita is done.

Agree with Mensrea. A price cut would be helpful, but the bigger problem is the software. It's not that it's bad -- far from it -- but it's not wanted. Grand Theft Auto could do a lot to fix that. I still think that Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 did a lot more for 3DS than the price cut ever did.

Oh, and the Vita memory cards are inexcusable.

Around the Network

Price means nothing without killer apps.
Vita needs its PS4 counterpart.

theprof00 said:

Thats the last thing it needs! The PS4 will likely dominate (if the price is right) wen it comes out. Sony's focus would be on it, then wat will Vita have???

Realistically I see it getting dropped to about $199 with a memory card (maybe), but it honestly would need more of a drop than that with it's current line up. At this point it's going to need a whole hell of a lot in order to have even moderate success considering the roll the 3DS is on.

spurgeonryan said:

I would say realistically the price drop will be to 199.99. That would be great and I think it would go a long ways, but the 3DS is still cheaper. It is the elephant in the room. Needs to be same price of 3DS for optimum effectiveness.

I agree with you that the Vita has to be the same price as the 3DS before casuals will ever get on board with it, and the casual audience is always the most crucial one when it comes to handhelds.

tbone51 said:
theprof00 said:

Thats the last thing it needs! The PS4 will likely dominate (if the price is right) wen it comes out. Sony's focus would be on it, then wat will Vita have???

I think you are missing the point. Vita will likely be linked to ps4 in many ways. Sony isn't going to ignore vita because of ps4.