By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How big does the PSVita price drop need to be?

If they cut the memory card prices, cut it to 200, and just keep getting some games, I think they could do some damage. The XL sells for 200 and is doing well. A 200 dollar Vita with cheaper memory cards.

Soul Sacrifice could do things in the East. Overall, I think that the Vita needs all of these things sooner rather than later.

Around the Network

Wifi only version -> discontinued, $199.

It doesn't need a price drop. It needs games.

solidpumar said:

It needs God

tbone51 said:
solidpumar said:

It needs God

It needs a gigantic revolutionary godly app like Pokemon or their long-term is screwed.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
solidpumar said:

It needs God

It needs a gigantic revolutionary godly app like Pokemon or their long-term is screwed.

Sony needs a gamble, They need to take a lost and have 3-5 killer games including Uncharted IMO. They need to sell it at $179.99 the most cuz yes 3DS will be more $$$ (XL) but their is one crucial thing. Pokemon,MH4, DQ7, AC, Luigi Mansion and many more. Even if Vita was cheaper than 3DS you still need the memory which a real gamer needs a 32gig and the total is then more than the 3DS! Even if Vita sells a good year, lets say 10mil cuz people dont expect 8mil. Even if 3DS doesn't sell 1 piece of hardware the sales are quite different! 14mil~Vita/3DS~27mil. Everyone knows it will (3DS) will be YoY and to those that think it wontbget 14mil this year is obviously an anti towards Nintendo. The best for Vita and the Worst for 3DS this year will be 14mil Vita/3DS 41mil!

tbone51 said:
Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
solidpumar said:

It needs God

Sony needs a gamble, They need to take a lost and have 3-5 killer games including Uncharted IMO. They need to sell it at $179.99 the most cuz yes 3DS will be more $$$ (XL) but their is one crucial thing. Pokemon,MH4, DQ7, AC, Luigi Mansion and many more. Even if Vita was cheaper than 3DS you still need the memory which a real gamer needs a 32gig and the total is then more than the 3DS! Even if Vita sells a good year, lets say 10mil cuz people dont expect 8mil. Even if 3DS doesn't sell 1 piece of hardware the sales are quite different! 14mil~Vita/3DS~27mil. Everyone knows it will (3DS) will be YoY and to those that think it wontbget 14mil this year is obviously an anti towards Nintendo. The best for Vita and the Worst for 3DS this year will be 14mil Vita/3DS 41mil!

They really have to weigh the effectiveness of such a gamble though. With 2013 being the 3DS's best year, and the PS4 relasing at the latest by 2014, they might have to shift a massive amount of resources for the PS4 after its release, resources that they don't have. But at the same time if they just do nothing for this year, 3DS will absolutley kill them WW. (We don't even need to talk about Japan. The poor thing.)

So, are they willing to focus on the Vita for 2013? The year arguably the best 3DS year? Bringing games and a pricedrop? Or will they try to focus more toward the PS4 during 2014? I do think that something has to be done this year though, 2015 will be far too late, the Vita will be a dead platform by then. But then 2014 will be only focused on the PS4 (well mostly) and to try to steal some of the 3DS's thunder this year they will need to contribute a massive amount of resources in marketing,price cuts, and games. Overall, Sony is in a very, very precarious position right now. The gamble is needed sure, but will they do it is the question.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
solidpumar said:

It needs God

They really have to weigh the effectiveness of such a gamble though. With 2013 being the 3DS's best year, and the PS4 relasing at the latest by 2014, they might have to shift a massive amount of resources for the PS4 after its release, resources that they don't have. But at the same time if they just do nothing for this year, 3DS will absolutley kill them WW. (We don't even need to talk about Japan. The poor thing.)

So, are they willing to focus on the Vita for 2013? The year arguably the best 3DS year? Bringing games and a pricedrop? Or will they try to focus more toward the PS4 during 2014? I do think that something has to be done this year though, 2015 will be far too late, the Vita will be a dead platform by then. But then 2014 will be only focused on the PS4 (well mostly) and to try to steal some of the 3DS's thunder this year they will need to contribute a massive amount of resources in marketing,price cuts, and games. Overall, Sony is in a very, very precarious position right now. The gamble is needed sure, but will they do it is the question.

Dont forget this might be 3DS best year but wat ever we dont get this year we'll get the next! SSB4, Pokemon Remake R/S (in 3D!), Zelda/DK/Mario 3D! Vita will most likely get GTA but that wont due, why? Cuz ps3 and X360 will have GTA5 and thats a game thats massive! Also MH4 might come out but not this year which will hurt Vita cuz the millions of people would of gotten it for 3DS!

PlaystaionGamer said:

So in the UK the Vita is RRP £229.99 and trust me the Vita is worth that price. 

The general market obviously didn't like that price point so over the holidays in the UK you could get a Vita with a game for £180.00 which was a great price. The sales still wernt that great. 

So my question is £50 isn't enough so how much does the price have to go to?

The thing is though everything was on sale so to the consumer there was no price cut,  £130.00  would of made a significant difference in terms of sales.

tbone51 said:
Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
Otakumegane said:
tbone51 said:
solidpumar said:

It needs God

Dont forget this might be 3DS best year but wat ever we dont get this year we'll get the next! SSB4, Pokemon Remake R/S (in 3D!), Zelda/DK/Mario 3D! Vita will most likely get GTA but that wont due, why? Cuz ps3 and X360 will have GTA5 and thats a game thats massive! Also MH4 might come out but not this year which will hurt Vita cuz the millions of people would of gotten it for 3DS!

Yeah in the end, it needs a combo of really I mean reallyyyyyy appealing Pokemon lvl games and a sharp price drop. But Sony doesn't have the resouces to support that right now.