By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PGR 5 launch game for new Xbox?

Dunno why the demo isn't online anymore, but just a hint, you can download demos elsewhere and burn it to DVD (no flashed/hacked console needed)

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
MonstaMack said:
Something does seem phishy with all those smartphone games with all those talented people yet not one big console game.

Then again I thought that was the purpose of the studio? Maybe they finally realized bigger profits would be in store if they could score a deal with MS to make a PGR deal again while being independent from MS.

?????? What developer are you talking about PGR 5 would be made by Playground Games or Turn 10 Studios neither developer ever made a smartphone or tablet game.

Lucid games. They are the ones in question here aren't they? Look at all the former PGR developers, and on the main page of this topic that's where we got the image from is it not?

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Chris Hu said:
MonstaMack said:
Something does seem phishy with all those smartphone games with all those talented people yet not one big console game.

Then again I thought that was the purpose of the studio? Maybe they finally realized bigger profits would be in store if they could score a deal with MS to make a PGR deal again while being independent from MS.

?????? What developer are you talking about PGR 5 would be made by Playground Games or Turn 10 Studios neither developer ever made a smartphone or tablet game.

Lucid games. They are the ones in question here aren't they? Look at all the former PGR developers, and on the main page of this topic that's where we got the image from is it not?

Never heart of them I doubt they would make PGR5 if all they have done so far is smartphone and tablet games.  Playground Games is the logical choice since they have a large number of former Bizarre Creations staff members and they already turned out a pretty good spin off to the Forza franchise Forza Horizon.

They should bring back the Amped snowboarding games too. What happened to them? There are a lot of old abandoned Xbox IPs that i'd like to see a sequel to.

Wander_ said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Wander_ said:
it's a dead franchise. Why would they throw away the Forza name

Because they aren't. Just layoff if you've got nothing better to say. 

You can't have 2 exclusive racing games that would hurt Forza sooo bad because it will devide the racing fanbase.

Agreed. As much as fans would hate it it would be a silly bussiness move from MS who would most likely wanna spend there resources on something else.

Around the Network

one of the reason why i loved pgr games so much was because of the environments (a lot in awesome looking cities, simulators are often on real race tracks) and the free camera in photo mode, i wasted a lot of hours only to check everything in the cities and you could find some buildings and statues with text on it, that was awesome. so much love for detail and 95% of people did probably never see that.

hkKAZE said:
Wander_ said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Wander_ said:
it's a dead franchise. Why would they throw away the Forza name

Because they aren't. Just layoff if you've got nothing better to say. 

You can't have 2 exclusive racing games that would hurt Forza sooo bad because it will devide the racing fanbase.

Agreed. As much as fans would hate it it would be a silly bussiness move from MS who would most likely wanna spend there resources on something else.

Not really. We had PGR and Forza before and it worked fine. One can take a year off/have a  longer development cycle of Forza and/or PGR. PGR is more arcadey while the main Forza line is a sim.

Hell with the original XBox we had Rallisport Challenge 1+2 (2 being exclusive), the Moto GP series (the GOOD Moto GP games), PGR and Forza came along as well. Top this off with multiplatform titles like Need for Speed and Burnout, Colin McRae and other racing games. The original XBox system was a racing machine.

It's just that simple.

Dmick90 said:
They should bring back the Amped snowboarding games too. What happened to them? There are a lot of old abandoned Xbox IPs that i'd like to see a sequel to.

Amped 3 bombed on the 360 I doubt they will revive that franchise.  EA's try to revive the SSX franchise didn't turn out so good either.

They should have used this series instead of milking the forza name with horizons

I mean Microsoft already has a limited number of IPS so why lose even more?