By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just been to 3 game shops in London, Zak and Wiki sold out of all

Been trawling round game shops trying to get Component leads for my Wii and was asking out of interest (I already have my copy of Zak and Wiki) how Zak and Wiki had been taken to by the customers.  I was informed in 2 Game shops and 1 Gamestation that zak and Wiki was sold out on the first day in all and they're awaiting more stock, in the 2 Game stores the shop assistant said they ordered 10 copies each (perhaps it's a blanket order for Game stores - who knows) yet both assistants told me they'd never heard of it.

In Gamestation they said they'd ordered 6 copies and sold out on the first day also - then what really got me is all shops agreed to ordering the same amount of copies again.

It seems to me the Retailers are not doing their part but the shops aren't willing to take a bigger chance, Gamestation in particular - if you go to their website you'll see Zak and Wiki has a huge splash screen beating SMG, PGR4 and console bundles yet they only order 6 copies per week in a store in Camden?

Very frustrating IMO

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/

Around the Network

i hope this means that its selling well and not cause they didnt ship alot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

as do I - but I guess that 2nd week sales may just seem to have dropped off due to shops awaiting stock. Still have high hopes for a new IP as I reckon 90% of people that buy this game would also buy a Zak & Wiki 2 due to it's high quality and if it can sell at least 10k per week through this year then it's not that big a failure.

Bet we dont see hundreds of web sites stating - actually Zak and Wiki did sell quite well in the end if that does happen.

hmm.. i'm totally not impressed with Game and Gamestation at the moment, they seem to sell out of everything so fast. everytime i go in there to get a game "we'll ahve another batch in on Thursday..."

wanted to buy Resistance for my bro (sorry, not Ninty), ended up trampling all over london trying to find a copy. eventually had to make do with a second hand game (which also wasn't cheap). seems they're being really tight on their stock-taking.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Ive ordered my from play.com but its all sold out :S

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

The item is not in stock because the initial stock was pathetically low and disappeared in no time. Reminds me of Mario and Sonic from two weeks ago.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

there are loads in my gamestation, huh wierd

it sounds like agreat game--its on the list but wife wont let me buy anything new to i shed some pounds

mesoteto said:
it sounds like agreat game--its on the list but wife wont let me buy anything new to i shed some pounds

Thats bang out of order - tell her to wait until Wii Fit arrives then your both winners. 

Is that true about the initial stock dolemit3?  I mean it's not as if they haven't had enough time to plan for it's release....

Well it was to be expected that Z&W would do somewhat better in Europe than in the States. We're more adventurous types...