By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Console Growth From Year 1-8 Aligned, Since 1985

This should show pretty clearly how big the current consoles have become in the US, particularly Wii & X360 which will each end up at over 90% of the PS2 base lifetime.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

So did the market expanded or do more people have 2 consoles? Both? and what do you expect for next gen?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Video games seem much more popular these days. I also think a lot of people went multi-console this gen. It's impressive that BOTH consoles got those kind of numbers compared to last gen.

miz1q2w3e said:
Video games seem much more popular these days. I also think a lot of people went multi-console this gen. It's impressive that BOTH consoles got those kind of numbers compared to last gen.

not to mention that even the third placed one is pretty sure to outsell the 2nd and 3rd placed of the last gen combined in the US

Impressive for both Nintendo and Microsoft coming from where they were last gen.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Look at the late legs on the 360. Years 6, 7 and 8 smash any previous console.

NES seemed to have had a better year 6, nevertheless those 3 years certainly were spectactular for the 360

It looks like with a decent year the Xbox 360 will be close to catching up to the Wii. Assuming the Wii has a poor year.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!