By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

Full incredible Witcher 3 tech showcase from Nvidia's E3 booth

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Thank the goddess i'm gonna get my new PC in a couple of weeks. My laptop would cry trying to run Witcher 3 on minimum .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

zarx said:

Full incredible Witcher 3 tech showcase from Nvidia's E3 booth

It looks awesome, maybe the dude recording it was fapping cause of excitement, but damn he couldn't hold his phone still :P We need that video in glorious full hd released by nvidia or cd red asap!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

awesome, probably my most anticipated game for singleplayer right now.

New interview

http://www.onlysp.com/exclusive-interview-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-have-36-different-endings-no-load-times-and-more/

A few choice bits

"After seeing a breathtaking 45 minute presentation for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at E3 (of which you can expect a write-up soon), I was able to catch up with gameplay producer Marek Ziemak for a juicy interview about the game. Topics included load times, multiple endings, the game going multi-platform and the voice acting process, among others. Sharpen your swords as we dive in."

"Q: Firstly, the loading times… how prevalent will those be? Do you have any idea how long they’ll be and how often you’ll encounter them?

A: Thanks to new technology on RedEngine3, we were actually able to create a world without loading screens as you travel across the world. This should answer your question. *laughs*"

"Q: I did see a few framerate issues during the presentation. It was from a pre-alpha version, though, so I imagine those will be ironed out in the full release.

A: Yeah, definitely. We didn’t have everything fully optimized. It’s still very much a work-in-progress, so many elements, such as streaming, are still being created."

"Q: In terms of the save system, will you a retain a quicksave or ‘save anywhere you want’ feature, or is it checkpoint-based? I imagine you’re going with the former.

A: Oh my God. This is actually a difficult question. I’m not sure if we made a decision on this…

*turns to another developer across the room and asks him*

Yeah, so basically, you’ll be able to save your game whenever you want to."

" Q: Did you encounter any massive difficulties so far in porting the game to next-gen consoles? Fitting this huge world onto a console can’t be easy.

A: Well, we’re not actually porting the game. We were doing it multi-platform since the very beginning. Sure, it’s challenging, especially since the technology is quite new, but we were thinking about it since the beginning. It’s a bit more ‘interesting.’ It’s challenging, but it’s very much possible.

Q: All three version will release at the same time, right?

A: Yeah. Our target is to release on all three platforms at the same time."

"Q: On that note, will there be multiple endings?

A: Yes, sure. We’re having around 36 endings, as far as I remember. These affect the state that you will leave the world in after your playthrough."

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

36 endings? Even if they're just slight variatons between each other, that's a massive number.

The streaming no-loading screens also seems very nice. A trully next gen open world game should be as seamless as possible so that the immersion is maximized.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The more they reveal about the game, the better it looks, not only for the graphics but for the game itself.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Great news for those of us who will get this game on PC:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-on-PC-Will-Get-Free-DLC-PS4-and-Xbox-One-Editions-Undecided-361522.shtml

CD Projekt Red, the developer of the upcoming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, confirmed that it will release all the DLC and updates for the game on the PC for free.

Provided that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms allow it, the studio will do the same for those versions.

CD Projekt Red made a name for itself by thinking first about the consumers and offering fans lots of free goodies and bonus DRM-free copies of The Witcher 2 on its GOG digital distribution service.

The studio wants to continue this trend with The Witcher 3, and confirmed to RPS that all DLCs and updates will be free on the PC platform at least.

On the PS4 and Xbox 360, the studio needs to get clearance from Sony and Microsoft, respectively, as those companies frown upon releasing new content for games without charging for it.

As of yet, however, those policies haven't been set, so CD Projekt Red can't give a definitive answer concerning DLC for The Witcher 3 on next-gen consoles.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CD Projekt Red is awesome, period.

Current PC Build

RPS interview

Geralt’s hit the big time. He’s got his own open world, a handsomely haggard beard, and a simultaneous launch across multiple “next-gen” platforms. It’s the latter, however, that could spell his undoing – or at least make his witchy charms a lot less bewitching for a sizable portion of PC gamers. Console-makers, after all, aren’t too terribly fond of free updates, but CD Projekt’s modus operandi is handing them out like candy. Microsoft, meanwhile, has decided that draconian DRM is back in this season, and CDP’s been fighting on the opposite side of that battle for ages. Who will survive? Well, probably everyone, because we’re only talking about DLC for a videogame. But, if nothing else, PC gamers don’t need to worry. CD Projekt head Marcin Iwinski assured me that it’ll be business as usual for Witcher 3 updates on our platform of choice, even if consoles aren’t so lucky.

“A lot of people on forums are saying, ‘No, but you guys are anti-DRM,’” Iwinski admitted during an interview with RPS. “And we really are anti-DRM. But at the same time, there are people who’ll be fine with [Xbox One's online-heavy DRM]. They’ll buy the console and just want to play. Why should we not give them this option?”

Continued

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/17/cdp-on-free-witcher-dlc-next-gen-drm-concerns/

@TheVoxelman on twitter