By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

When Microsoft officially announced the Xbox One on Tuesday, a stream of multiplatfom games were confirmed for the next-generation platform. These included Ubisoft games Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, as well as Bungie's Destiny, the Thief reboot, andBattlefield 4.

Notably absent from the list was CD Projekt Red's 2014 role-playing game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Asked about this absence, the Polish studio declined to confirm the game for Xbox One, but said more information about the title will be shared next month at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo.

"We will shed more light on [The Witcher 3] during E3," CD Projekt Red managing director Adam Badowski told GameSpot. "I'm sorry but I can't give you any details right now."

Confirmed platforms thus far for The Witcher 3 are PC and PlayStation 4. The game is not in development for current-generation platforms.

CD Projekt Red CEO Marcin Iwinski said last month that cross-generation development means developers must make compromises that can negatively impact gamers.

"We'd have to put a couple of years of development into [360 and PS3 versions], and then the experience would be so-so," Iwinski said at the time. "We'd never do that."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/is-the-witcher-3-coming-to-xbox-one-6408816

They are probably just waiting for E3, but the company has been pretty anti DRM and they announced the PS4 version pretty quickly. And their sister company posted this after the Xbox event

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

From EDGE's facebook page:

Mag will aparently feature several more screens featuring the new renderer (you can find some real low res caps if ya google)

@TheVoxelman on twitter

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/e255-giant-killer-we-hunt-down-cd-projekt-reds-next-gen-action-rpg-the-witcher-3/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

So, that's Gerald's new look? And also yours.

I don't know if they have hired more people recently, but with 2 games on its hands it's possible that they won't be able to do the 3 versions of the game at the same time.

But I don't think DRM has something to do with this. They don't like it and won't use it but they will still launch the game on Steam that does have DRM.

I think it may be something like PS4 being easier to port the game and with an expected bigger presence in Europe (arguably their biggest market?), ... or that they have special content for the Xbone that will be revealed during MSoft conference.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I don't know if they have hired more people recently, but with 2 games on its hands it's possible that they won't be able to do the 3 versions of the game at the same time.

But I don't think DRM has something to do with this. They don't like it and won't use it but they will still launch the game on Steam that does have DRM.

I think it may be something like PS4 being easier to port the game and with an expected bigger presence in Europe (arguably their biggest market?), ... or that they have special content for the Xbone that will be revealed during MSoft conference.

Cyberpunk is a new team that they are still agressively hiring for. Infact the primary reason for revealing it so early was to attract developers to join the team. The Witcher 3 team is also around twice the size of the Witcher 2 team aparently, and they are working with a more mature engine and tools this time round which should smooth production. CD Projekt currently have over 150 developers all together (which means that TW2 was created by less than 75 developers which is kinda insane) including the engine team the vast majority are working on TW3, and they are looking to staff up to 200 (but no more) over the next year or two.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
JEMC said:

Cyberpunk is a new team that they are still agressively hiring for. Infact the primary reason for revealing it so early was to attract developers to join the team. The Witcher 3 team is also around twice the size of the Witcher 2 team aparently, and they are working with a more mature engine and tools this time round which should smooth production. CD Projekt currently have over 150 developers all together (which means that TW2 was created by less than 75 developers which is kinda insane) including the engine team the vast majority are working on TW3, and they are looking to staff up to 200 (but no more) over the next year or two.

Thanks, it's good to know they are growing.

But that leaves us with either them not wanting to develop for the Xbone (for whatever the reasons are) or that they have some kind of exclusive content and can't or don't want to talk about it yet.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
those screens are so tasty omg, can´t wait.

btw gerald is a lot older

It takes place months after the end of 2 tho...

ANd if anything he has lost some wrinkles

He just has a beard now.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Gah why don't they release HD screens, I want to see the new lighting in all it's glory.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Ok I have read the EDGE article now, not much new info.

They list XBone as a platform

Targets 30FPS on consoles

There are a total of 160 people at RED studios, just 89 of which are currently working on TW3 full time directly. Not counting the engine team

In house motion capture studio in the basement, used for everything except the horse which wouldn't fit through the door

Screens are from a DX11 tech demo using ingame assets, playable build still running on the old renderer aparently, they have still got a year to get it ready I guess

Potions can be drunk during combat like the first game

Some potions give permanant effects, but you can only have one active at a tim, as aparently players saved up potions rather than using them as intended.

Still in active development so subject to change

Rest is old stuff

Main quest chain 40-50h plus another 40-50h of open world content

Trying to avoid "Fedex quests"

NPCs in settlements and towns have rutines and will react to you bassed on your actions

Witcher sense, more in depth than the in TW2, plays into quests and combat (allows you to target weak spots such as cutting off a monster's arm which will change it's moveset and AI)

Facial animation much improved (NPCs much more expressive), lots more animations for combat etc

Combat made more intamate, closer to the book, more bloody, dodge roll replaced with pirouette move, many of the dev team actually fight in battle recreations etc with real swords

@TheVoxelman on twitter

This is looking incredibly impressive... and the less FedEx quests in an RPG, the better.