By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Dear goddess, that makes my heavily modded Skyrim look like an 8-bit era game. Blatant exaggeration aside, I've never seen an open world game look that good, not even close.

Gotta get me The Witcher 2 before this bad boy comes out.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Dear goddess, that makes my heavily modded Skyrim look like an 8-bit era game. Blatant exaggeration aside, I've never seen an open world game look that good, not even close.

yea it's looks amazing, I am going to need to upgrade the shit out of my rig lol.

I edited in the video of the devs talking.

and as a bonus

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I have to be honest, visually it doesn't look as much of improvement over W2 as I was expecting from the first screenshots.

HoloDust said:
I have to be honest, visually it doesn't look as much of improvement over W2 as I was expecting from the first screenshots.

well going open world of course is going to limit how good they can make it look. But it still looks amazing and they have another year of development ahead.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
HoloDust said:

well going open world of course is going to limit how good they can make it look. But it still looks amazing and they have another year of development ahead.

Agreed, it does look great, maybe I was just expecting full step up to next-gen - then again, as you said, going open-world does that to games.

zarx said:
lestatdark said:

yea it's looks amazing, I am going to need to upgrade the shit out of my rig lol.

Since I'm finally getting my new rig in a couple of weeks, I think i'll be set for the next couple of years for whatever game is thrown at it (Sli GTX Titans, i7-3970x OC and 32GB 2333 MHZ GDDR5 RAM FTW ). But I bet that it'll have some The Witcher 3 is gonna have some hefty min reqs.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Man I hope Maxwell is out in time for the witcher 3

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Some new screens (I hope you can turn off that sharpen filter) and artwork

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-auf-der-E3-2013-1073418/galerie/2075025/#?a_id=1073418&g_id=-1&i_id=2075031

@TheVoxelman on twitter

some slightly higher quality versions of the screens on a site in english
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_new_screens_of_the_witcher_3-14198_en.html

@TheVoxelman on twitter